PDA

View Full Version : >> Massive Collection For Sale!!!!!!!

City of Glass
Apr 30, 2003, 03:51 AM
From my collection, I'm considering selling the following selections:

1. "040" NeXT Cube (Black), with 17" (Grayscale) MegaPixel Display. All original NeXT keyboard and opto-mechanical NeXT mouse. NextStep 3.1 Installed; Working. Condition: Good.

2. NeXTstation (Black), with 17" MegaPixel Display. All original NeXT keyboard and opto-mechanical NeXT mouse. NextStep 3.3 Installed; Working. Condition: Excellent.

3. Macintosh 128K, Beige. Purchased June 8th, 1984 (the 512k was released in October). Includes ALL ORIGINAL cabling, KEYBOARD (extremely rare), MOUSE, ALPHA NUMERIC TABLET, and APPLE EXTERNAL 400K DISK DRIVE. This system also includes a FUNCTIONAL ImageWriter I, Kensington "Swivel Mount," and Maccessories surge-suppressor. Nothing is missing on this item. Battery cover intact. BOOT DISK, with MacOS 5.3, INCLUDED. Overall condition: EXTREMELY FINE - MINT.

4. Macintosh 512k(e), Beige. Purchase date unknown. This is a 512k Extended. It includes an original external 800K disk drive, an elongated "Mac Plus" keyboard, mouse, and original MacOS 6(?) boot disk. This oddball also includes the original Macintosh promo box which came with it -- including ORIGINAL SYSTEM DISKS, DISK UTILITIES, and UNWRAPPED 1984 APPLE STICKERS! Many goodies in that box, including a special "Tour of the Mac 512k" audio cassette! All original items.
Overall condition: Good.

5. Macintosh SE, Platinum. Includes original keyboard and a VERY RARE prototype Kensington "trackball" mouse, which is gray and beige, matching the color of the computer. This computer had a small internal hard drive, so no boot disk was required to operate it. It is also unique . . . one will find "F234232" or a similar registration number seared into the plastic of its main case, and also at the upper left hand corner of the keyboard. That is because it formerly belonged to FORD AEROSPACE. Some of the programs it came with are still registered to that organization.

6. Apple Adjustable Keyboard, circa 1992. This keyboard was a phenomenon -- appropriate for the tasteful, and the wealthy. It does remind one of a futuristic set piece. Normally, it appears to be nothing more than a modernistic "keyboard," sharing much in common with its uglier desktop cousins, except for the independent "numeral island," but on closer inspection, one finds that it ADJUSTS, becoming one of the "ergonomic" keyboards with the keys divided in two sections -- one for each hand. This keyboard originally cost $250.00. Condition: Good.

7. ATARI PORTFOLIO "PALMBOOK." This proto-laptop preceded PDAs, released in 1989 with a stunning suite of BASIC-run applications (such as calculator, word editor, calendar, journal, and more), all displayed beautifully in an amazingly sharp LCD screen. This computer still functions, and includes three memory disks (two 64k, one 128k), with original cases, and the (extremely RARE) parallel interface -- seen in Terminator 2, when John Connor uses this very type of computer to hack ATM machines. A wonderful piece of the late-eighties, early-nineties corporate America. Condition: Excellent.

Would any here be interested in these, or one of these, items? Please let me know . . .

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

funkywhat2
Apr 30, 2003, 02:01 PM
How much for the two NeXT boxes? I'd like to get my hands on one of those.

City of Glass
Apr 30, 2003, 03:03 PM
I would probably charge only $150.00 for the Cube, and $350.00 for the station. I had to "revive" the Cube, to get it back into working order. Not an easy task . . .

but, in doing so, I found out that the mother board is 12"x12" and glows when put under ultraviolet light!

You could always "negotiate" the price privately with me, via e-mail.

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

Eniregnat
Apr 30, 2003, 04:34 PM
This does not help your cause, but wow. That is one cool colection. I remeber the Next Cubes with the monocrome screens. I remember seeing one at the UCD bookstore when I was in highschool. Very cool!

5300cs
Apr 30, 2003, 08:30 PM
Where'd you get an Atari Portfolio ??

How much would you charge for it?

rainman::|:|
Apr 30, 2003, 08:36 PM
how much for the keyboard?

Vector
Apr 30, 2003, 09:08 PM
What are you asking for the SE?

City of Glass
Apr 30, 2003, 10:06 PM
To those of you who posted questions about the items above, you will find the answers below:

Atari Portfolio: I acquired this via a private seller. It is in great condition. I would sell this for $100.00

Apple Adjustable Keyboard: I would sell this for $25.00

Mac SE "mini" computer: For this, including the Kensington trackball and original keyboard, I would charge a mere $250.00. However, if you wanted to get it WITH the Apple Adjustable Keyboard, you could take the whole package home for $315.00.

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

P.S. -- Photographs available upon request. Photoshop is inaccessible right now due to hard drive problems, so they cannot be downsized and posted here, however e-mail is still a viable option.

Apr 30, 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by City of Glass
Apple Adjustable Keyboard: I would sell this for $150.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2725559523&category=25444

I'm afraid not...

vniow
Apr 30, 2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel

Wow, you've really got a thing for Star Wars figurines don't you?

City of Glass
Apr 30, 2003, 11:30 PM
Paul,

Lovely. The keyboard I'm selling is more complete than the one you show on eBay, also in better condition -- it includes the "numeric island" accessory, and all original cabling.

If you would like, I might be able to bump it down to $80.00

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

May 1, 2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Wow, you've really got a thing for Star Wars figurines don't you?

lol, i knew someone would look at my feedback. i actually let my partner use my account, so we can pool our feedback (he technically handles all the ebay stuff) and you guessed it, he's quite a collector. Personally, I wouldn't mind melting them all down into something much more interesting (like... anything), but to each his own...

:)
pnw

porovaara
May 2, 2003, 12:47 AM
Those NeXT prices are so out of whack it isnt even funny. A colour turbo station should set someone back $300 at most.

If someone is feeling crazy and REALLY wants to spend some money like that I have a turbo colour serial #8890 I'll part with that has OPENSTEP 4.0 installed.

City of Glass
May 2, 2003, 05:55 AM
Hello all -- as you can see, I have reduced my prices severely. Forgive me for the original, inflated estimates -- I have since "taken care" of that problem by firing my former antiquities appraisal officer. You will discover me to be much more lenient and pliable when it comes to "price," from now on -- as (in the absence of aforementioned, terminated appraisal officer) I am able to surf eBay freely, and can compare the things I possess with similar items marked for sale.

So -- take advantage of me. Please?

City of Glass

Keith Purfield
May 3, 2003, 09:15 PM
$250.00 for a Mac SE?! My friend got three of them (working) off of eBay for $15 dollars total!

You really need to learn how to price things.

tazo
May 4, 2003, 01:28 AM
Keith--

lay off the guy he said it was his appraiser's fault; leave it at that and stop harassin the guy :p

City of Glass
May 4, 2003, 07:43 PM
Keith Purfield,

Do you have evidence of this sale/purchase? I.e., your winning eBay page?

If you show me that, I'll cut $150.00 from my Mac SE price. Still $100.00 -- but it did belong to Ford Aerospace, after all.

springscansing
May 4, 2003, 08:01 PM
Just stop trying to rip off people Glass.

City of Glass
May 4, 2003, 08:44 PM
Stop stating things that aren't true, springscansing. Your comment was hostile and unprovoked. Do it again, and to the moderator you go.

C.o.G.

springscansing
May 5, 2003, 01:27 AM
Stop stating things that aren't true, springscansing. Your comment was hostile and unprovoked. Do it again, and to the moderator you go.

C.o.G.

Please. Based on things you've stated in other threads, I'm pretty sure you have zero credibility with "the moderator."

No one falls for that suddenly ultra-calm, nice guy thing man.

City of Glass
May 5, 2003, 01:44 AM
This is not an "other thread," and I am not presenting anyone different than my true self.

Your insinuations are insults, and I do not appreciate them.

If you have "issues" with me, please direct them -- with as much vigilance as necessary -- via PM, and I will correspond with you there.

I have no interest in dwelling on the past. Nor do I hold hatred for anyone. If you are confessing to a "grudge," of sorts, so be it, but at least then harrass only me -- the other people do not need to be enturbulated. My email addresses are:

citizensane@mac.com

violetcaduceus@hotmail.com

codeware@msn.com

Either PM or e-mail your comments to those addresses. I will respond as promptly as I am able.

Thank you.

City of Glass

springscansing
May 5, 2003, 01:48 AM
I was not posting to insult you.

I was posting to warn others that I do not feel you are honest. Your outrageous prices certainly are telling.

And blaming an antique appraiser? I'm sorry, but nothing you are selling is even considered an antique.

Sun Baked
May 5, 2003, 02:50 AM
I have no interest in dwelling on the past. Nor do I hold hatred for anyone. If you are confessing to a "grudge," of sorts, so be it, but at least then harrass only me -- the other people do not need to be enturbulated. My email addresses are:

citizensane@mac.comNo reason to dwell on the past... :rolleyes:

... oh heck, why not? :D ;)

Originally posted by citizensane

Thank you for such an immediate and comprehensive response.

None of the internet links worked, however my mailbox was DELUGED with photographs.

If anyone would like them, write me at <citizensane@mac.com>

Fondly,
Look's familiar, why the name change. :confused:

[notice: article deleted by author due to a general lack of interest. Its initial presence was met with a brutal display of overt antagonism.]Look's like this still hasn't changed, you're still getting your fair share AND also participating in a goodly amount of WASTELAND fertilizer. :eek:

I'm sorry it didn't please you. I suppose suicide is the only option for me.

:( It's still an option, even under a new name. :p

[Edit - I could have sworn BOTH accounts were active when I posted this... looks like more than the thread got bumped.]

City of Glass
May 5, 2003, 03:16 AM
"Citizen Sane" is a character in a Thomas Disch book. Not surprised that someone had used the name on here.

It wasn't "me." But yes, my e-mail is such.

:)

In any case, believe what you will.

Sun Baked, don't worry, you haven't killed the post at all! It's easy to see why you might think I was that person -- especially when one of my older e-mail addresses happens to be similar to his/her name.

Springscansing -- there are entire sites dedicated to these antiques. My computers are listed at the "OldComputers.com" museum.

CoG

I'll drop my prices even further . . . ha ha.