Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Did a search and didn't see anything on it, but I went to the Apple Store yesterday and saw the ads.

http://www.apple.com/retail/may2/

Might be interesting and I wonder if they'll have the keychains and other items for sale like they had at the last event.....

Might have to go and see, although the crowds might be a bit much, I'm not going to go and be first in line with all the geeks again.

D

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
I'm going to the NYC (SoHo) one. I've never been to an Apple geekfest, but I'm just going there to get my iPod on the 1st day. I know they'll be giving out free t-shirts, not sure about other goodies. I know there's going to be DJs. Maybe it'll be DJ Shadow...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I think you're only going to get a t-shirt if you buy a new iPod. You will be able to pick up an event poster and enter to win the sound system.

D

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
i think Apple got smart this time. at the Jag event, you couldn't even buy a jag t-shirt...at this event they're offering them for $10.

if the last event here was any indication, i'm getting there early. there mustve been like over 1000 there easily last time. we got scoffed at many a time last event...freaking yuppie mall :mad:

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by mc68k
i think Apple got smart this time. at the Jag event, you couldn't even buy a jag t-shirt...at this event they're offering them for $10.

if the last event here was any indication, i'm getting there early. there mustve been like over 1000 there easily last time. we got scoffed at many a time last event...freaking yuppie mall :mad:

Awww, man it's gonna be a zoo in SoHo. I don't care about the free poster, I just want my iPod!

DaedalusDE

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2002
Long Island, NY
wait... you couldnt get any jaguar shirts at the release party? I have three... and 17 stickers, and 6 mouse pads... but maybe its because i went with my boss who bought a 7000 dollar machine that nite...

By the way, at the SoHo apple store there wont be a DJ... instead there will be singer/songwriter Liz Phaire... and at The Grove, there will be Less Than Jake... or maybe a DJ and a band who knows, they're sure as hell big enough

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
the only thing that was free was the mousepads...and the remarks

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i remembe those jag mousepads and shirts were going on ebay for about 80-100 dollars. i still have a box of mousepads. i also have some very rare apple switcher shirts that i havent seen very many places.

iJon

DaedalusDE

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2002
Long Island, NY
well i guess a shirt or two is all that they can do when you drop almost 10k in a single night... although we did keep them there until around 2:30 in the morning... and they werent getting paid overtime... now that i think about it, that kinda sucks... oh well, such is life...

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by DaedalusDE
wait... you couldnt get any jaguar shirts at the release party? I have three... and 17 stickers, and 6 mouse pads... but maybe its because i went with my boss who bought a 7000 dollar machine that nite...

By the way, at the SoHo apple store there wont be a DJ... instead there will be singer/songwriter Liz Phaire... and at The Grove, there will be Less Than Jake... or maybe a DJ and a band who knows, they're sure as hell big enough

Liz Phair? No freakin way! Cool. 'Cause on the apple website it says that SoHo will have a band called "Glassjaw" and The Grove will have a "surprise guest". But note that live entertainment and DJs are not mutually exclusive. The DJs will probably be spinning all evening, whereas the live music will probably only be a short set...

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by iJon
i remembe those jag mousepads and shirts were going on ebay for about 80-100 dollars. i still have a box of mousepads. i also have some very rare apple switcher shirts that i havent seen very many places.

iJon

I got a Jag T-Shirt from joining the Apple Developer program...

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
my 2 brothers and me and our uncle who took us each got a tshirt and mousepad. im getting mine friday along with a poster and a tshirt!
woot woot palisades woot woot!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
I think you're only going to get a t-shirt if you buy a new iPod. You will be able to pick up an event poster and enter to win the sound system.

D

I got an E.Mail from my local Apple Store at the CambridgeSide Galleria, inviting me to the event. They mentioned the event poster and the chance to win a sound system. I'm thinking about attending! ;)

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
I'm going to try and make it to the event on Friday.

Not sure if I'll buy an iPod there or wait until later. (I might want to get it engraved... :) )

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I can't go because there is no Apple store near me. :(

But, I am still supposed to get my iPod on Friday! :)

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by senseibiz
I will be going to The Apple store in Las Vegas on friday to Purchase two 30 gig ipods, for me and my wife.

Niiiiiiiiice! Yeah, I'm gettin' a 30-gigger myself :D

Have fun!

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i think you can only get them engraved if you buy it online.:(

happier news...

IM GETTING MY iPod TONIGHT!!!!:D:D:D:D
i have been waiting so friggin' long for one and i am finally getting one!.

(if my parents can find the money the "held onto for me")

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by senseibiz
I will be going to The Apple store in Las Vegas on friday to Purchase two 30 gig ipods, for me and my wife.

That will make you matched set! You can wear your new T-Shirts while taking walks and listening to the new iPods! ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
the shirts look cool and the posters are cool also. but they are not nearly as cool as m new 15GB iPod!!

WOOT WOOT!

Could you post a picture of the poster & T-Shirt? How was the turnout at the Apple Store? Did they have any specials?

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i'll post some pictures in a few minute once i find the camera. there wasn't a big turnout at the palisades, but me and my brother were first in line:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.