Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elrond39

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I may be imagining things, but I seem to remember seeing a program a while back that allows you to group application together (by type, or whatever) into a single "group". This "group" would be the only remaining icon in the dock: essentially it's like making a folder with application shortcuts, but smooth and elegant. Problem is, all I can remember is that the resulting dock icon was a black square with rounded edges... Not a lot to go on, eh? If anyone has any idea what I mean, or knows of some other program which would do the same...... :confused:

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
If you cant find it, you can make a folder, put a bunch of application aliases in it, and drag it to the dock next to the trash can... then open a menu for it by right clicking. It might not be quite as elegant as what youre looking for, but it sounds like the same type of thing.

EDIT: Might this be what you are looking for? http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19372

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.