PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a crunch, need a vid cam compatible with skype for use on 1.25ghz emac

jkaz
Dec 4, 2006, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Thanks for reading.

I'm in a bit of a time crunch and need some direction for a webcam that will work on a 1.25ghz emac and skype.

I looked up the camera recommended to me - the logitech quickcam - and on logitech's webpage they don't mention osx specs much less compatibility with iChat(maybe it was omitted information)

I'm going to continue researching on my end, but if anyone has any tips or pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

jeff

aaron.lee2006
Dec 4, 2006, 03:11 PM
iSight?

jkaz
Dec 5, 2006, 03:20 PM
iSight?

sorry bout that, thought my message might have implied something less expensive than isight. thanks tho

Locatel
Dec 5, 2006, 08:05 PM
From the Logitech website (last updated on sep 19, 2006)

Will my QuickCam work on a Macintosh computer?

Answer:

The information in this article ONLY applies to the following operating systems:

Mac OS X (OS 10.1.5 - 10.2.6) Later versions of OSX are not supported by QuickCam.

To use a Logitech camera on your Mac OS X computer, please consider the following models: QuickCam Orbit, QuickCam Pro 4000, QuickCam Zoom P/N 961325-0403, the Pocket Digital and the Pocket Digital 130. The Logitech Pocket Digital 130 is supported natively, so all you have to do is plug it in. You can then use it in iPhoto™, a program that comes with Mac OS® X.

To use the Pocket Digital, you must install the Pocket Digital driver, available HERE. You can then use it in iPhoto™, a program that comes with Mac OS® X.

If you would like to use any of the other cameras mentioned, you must install QuickCam 8.0.1, included with the camera.

Note: QuickCam 8.0.1 should only be installed in Mac OS 10.1.5 - 10.2.6.

Usually their Pro line is compatible, but their website doesn't say much. I have a Notebook Quickcam Pro that works with Skype and Tiger. Hope this helps.

djstarrock
Dec 7, 2006, 02:31 PM
Try Macam it supports alot of camera's hope this helps.