Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexnc32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
my ipod isnt working. when i turn it on, the sad ipod icon comes up and my computer and itunes does not recognize it. i can force my ipod into disk mode but when i connect it to my computer in disk mode it resets and goes back to the sad ipod icon. i want to fix it but i also do not want to lose all my songs.....any suggestions?

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Um, Aren't all your songs already in iTunes? :confused: Couldn't you just connect it and transfer them all back if you did lose the songs on your iPod? Also, are you using Windows or Mac OS X?

alexnc32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
info

its a 5th gen ipod video n i have a windows. my songs arent on itunes and i cant transfer them because itunes doesnt recognize the ipod.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
wait, lets get this straight... you cannot connect your ipod to your computer via disk mode?

or can you connect your ipod via disk mode but itunes doesn't recognize it?

when did this happen and what was the last thing you did? dropped it recently?

alexnc32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
i can connect it but itunes doesnt recognize it. it stopped workin bout a week ago. idk if nething happened to it. it might have got dropped.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
how are your songs on the iPod but not in iTunes?

Manually manage songs and playlists. All my iPods are like this, I have a fairly small HDD so all my songs are on the iPods but few of them are on the computer's HDD. My music is backed up on CDs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.