Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehybrid

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
Okay I have a pair of questions and am going to knock them out at once. The first, is there a way to add a watermark without QT Pro or does QT Ametuer do the same feature? And using FCX how can I add lower thirds for guest and such?

Thanks,
Kevin

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
You can't add a watermark without QT Pro, but if you have FCX as your last posts suggests, you can do it no problem. Just build the watermark in Photoshop or some like program, place the image above your video in the time like and scale it (you may need to turn on image+wireframe in the pulldown menu in the video window to do so). You can also change the opassity in the motion tab (I believe it's that tab...). You can then export your video in the desired format.

As for your second question, could you rephrase it? I don't know what you mean by lower thirds for a guest.

P-Worm

tehybrid

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
okay, thanks, my last question was about doing lower thirds in FCX. Much like in the news when a new person comes on the screen they send a small line with the person's name on it, and alot of people use them for urls in video podcasts. I wanted to do this in my own video podcast when I have guest appear and when I wish to show a url

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I have never used FCX (Only Pro), but the method for the titles should be the same. Yoou can add text by bringing down a pulldown menu in the video canvas. It should have an icon that looks like a filmstrip with a letter on it. Select text->text and you can put in details, change font etc. There may even be a text tab (I don't have FC in front of me right now so I'm trying to do all of this from memory). Again, in wireframe mode you can move the text around. If this is something that you will do often, I recommend that you not what your shift in the y valud of the text is for future reference.

Tell me if you have any problems with my instructions, and I should be able to pull up FC and have a look then. Good luck.

P-Worm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.