PDA

View Full Version : OS9 upgrader: how to set up dual 500mhz iBook G3

California
Dec 6, 2006, 02:00 PM
I've got a friend that was using her Mac SE original from 1990 or so up until year 2004, at which time I insisted she get hooked up on an iMac g3 333mhz -- and I tried to get her an Apple Tech out to NC where she is to put a new hd in that old machine and some memory.

Well she's been running 9.2.2 and now it's time to go to Panther on an iBook 500mhz that I've upgraded with new hd and memory etc.

But I don't have the original set up guide. Yes, I downloaded a "users manual" off Apple but I need the basic booklet that came with the original machine -- or a download of it.

Anyone got one? Also anyone got a good Panther tutorial for someone who barely knows how to use OS9?

dextertangocci
Dec 6, 2006, 02:54 PM
Wow! 14 years of use from 1 computer:eek: I never knew that was even possible:eek:

I don;t know where to find the manuals, but if you want to install OSX on a mac running OS9, you need the firmware upgrades that I think are available on Apple's site;)

mick4394
Dec 6, 2006, 03:06 PM
I've got the original manuals from that very iBook. Which manual is it that you want? I've got the Getting Started guide (pretty useless, all it has is 4 pictures of plugging the computer in), the User's Guide, the Welcome to Mac OSX Guide, and the one sheet Read this First flyer.

Which one(s) do you need?

California
Dec 6, 2006, 04:17 PM
I've got the original manuals from that very iBook. Which manual is it that you want? I've got the Getting Started guide (pretty useless, all it has is 4 pictures of plugging the computer in), the User's Guide, the Welcome to Mac OSX Guide, and the one sheet Read this First flyer.

I need that getting Started Guide. She is clueless about computers. That's the one I want! How much do you want for it? Best if you shipped to North Carolina, too. THANK YOU SO MUCH. (She has no idea where to plug anything in or anything!)

aquajet
Dec 6, 2006, 04:26 PM
Wow. Your friend used an SE for 14 years? Reminds me of an elderly man, a friend of a friend, who bought a Mac Plus in 1986 and finally replaced it with a 17" iMac G4 in 2004. Cool stuff. :)

California
Dec 6, 2006, 05:17 PM
Wow. Your friend used an SE for 14 years? Reminds me of an elderly man, a friend of a friend, who bought a Mac Plus in 1986 and finally replaced it with a 17" iMac G4 in 2004. Cool stuff. :)

And she would still be using it if I hadn't noticed she was not on the internet... indestructbable Apple.

Wow! 14 years of use from 1 computer:eek: I never knew that was even possible:eek:

Personally, I had a 145b Powerbook from 1994 that I used until 2001. Still works today.

California
Dec 6, 2006, 05:18 PM

Let me know as soon as you can, do need that or probably all your paperwork on it. You don't happen to have an old iBook battery too? need one. Doesnt' need to have a lot of time on it.

dextertangocci
Dec 7, 2006, 10:07 AM
I need that getting Started Guide. She is clueless about computers. That's the one I want! How much do you want for it? Best if you shipped to North Carolina, too. THANK YOU SO MUCH. (She has no idea where to plug anything in or anything!)

Why can't he just scan them and email them to you?:confused: