PDA

View Full Version : The Apple Phone Flop

MacBytes
Dec 7, 2006, 02:47 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: The Apple Phone Flop (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20061207154731)
Description:: CNET News.com's Michael Kanellos says Apple should think again if it believes it can make a phone to match iPod's success.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

killmoms
Dec 7, 2006, 02:52 PM
I love it. No one ACTUALLY knows if the thing even EXISTS, and they're already calling it as a failure. :rolleyes:

PlaceofDis
Dec 7, 2006, 02:53 PM
I love it. No one ACTUALLY knows if the thing even EXISTS, and they're already calling it as a failure. :rolleyes:

that is the great thing.
interviews, polls, columns all about a product that hasn't been released, and may never be released. :D

SilentPanda
Dec 7, 2006, 02:55 PM
To be fair... a decent amount of MR members are already planning on buying this non-existent product. :D

NAG
Dec 7, 2006, 02:55 PM
He admitted he was a troll in the first few sentences so why should we care?

OMG, Noobzor mac users FLAMZOR M3!

Dec 7, 2006, 03:01 PM
This made my day!

It's predictable. If Apple got into medical devices, people would come out of Steve Jobs' speech proclaiming "The iBag is the easiest, most user-friendly colostomy device I've ever encountered."

MrFirework
Dec 7, 2006, 03:09 PM
As perhaps the biggest Apple fan ever (Loyal user since age 3.5, and I'm 25 now) I hate to say this, bu he has a point. The iPod solved some huge issues with mp3 players - all of them, in fact. Current phones really don't have those issues. It's next to impossible for Apple to make a cell phone that is on the same order of magnitude better than the current offerings that the iPod was to mp3 players.

Beware fellow Apple-heads. Beware.

SilentPanda
Dec 7, 2006, 03:12 PM
As perhaps the biggest Apple fan ever (Loyal user since age 3.5, and I'm 25 now) I hate to say this, bu he has a point. The iPod solved some huge issues with mp3 players - all of them, in fact. Current phones really don't have those issues. It's next to impossible for Apple to make a cell phone that is on the same order of magnitude better than the current offerings that the iPod was to mp3 players.

Some things don't appear to be problems until after a solution has been found... often times we're used to do things in such a way and can't dream of a better way... maybe they'll figure out a better way? I doubt I'll get one though. My RAZR works fine with my Mac for what I need it for.

Flowbee
Dec 7, 2006, 03:14 PM
As perhaps the biggest Apple fan ever (Loyal user since age 3.5, and I'm 25 now) I hate to say this, bu he has a point. The iPod solved some huge issues with mp3 players - all of them, in fact. Current phones really don't have those issues.

But current phones that double as mp3 players DO have issues. If it was as easy to sync my phone to my music as it is to my contacts and calendars, I might be sold.

PlaceofDis
Dec 7, 2006, 03:15 PM

there aren't issues with cell phones? hardly. there is no decent smart phone out there in my opinion and there is no solid music-phone offering either. if Apple plays its cards right a Music Phone would be great. tied to the iTunes Store it will only help because there is a reliable way to get good music for it, also its got the seamless integration built in with iTunes already... there are a lot of ways phones can improve, and i can see Apple doing it, its a risk, true, but possible

killmoms
Dec 7, 2006, 03:15 PM
I dunno about you, but I have yet to find a single cell phone interface out there that I think is really particularly good (Verizon takes extra care to **** up decent phones by putting their ****** UI on all of them). They're servicable, but there is definitely room for improvement. And if anyone can create a great music player/phone combo with an intuitive UI, it's Apple.

Dec 7, 2006, 03:20 PM
If Apple jumps into the phone market, Steve Jobs is gunna loose his iShorts.

I love OSX, and i'm a huge Apple fan.. but i'm not going to run out and buy anything Steve wipes his ass with and announces as the latest greatest incredibly fantastic thing.

But there are folks who will do just that.

The writer of that column states the same thing i've said since I first heard this iPhone rumor.. that Apple stuck when the MP3 market was in it's infancy, with a product that not only was leaps and bounds more capable, but much smaller, and easy to use.

That isn't the case in the cell phone market of today.

lmalave
Dec 7, 2006, 03:21 PM
Here's what I think is wrong with this guy's argument:

He says that the iPod was a "1-time" occurrence because Apple was the first to have a hard-drive based MP3 player. That's not true. There were 20 GB hard drive based players out BEFORE the 5 GB iPod, but they were SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than the iPod. Apple's strength was in design. And guess what? Apple's strength will still be in design. Not to mention marketing. Apple can definitely apply those to the iPhone

True, he mentions that the iMac and Mac mini haven't become "hits", but he's ignoring that it's a TOTALLY different ballgame getting people to buy Macs than it is to buy a gadget like the iPod or iPhone. The reason is Microsoft's monopoly. This point was driven home a few weeks ago when my girlfriend was shopping for a laptop. She loved the MacBook and struggled with the decision, but in the end she bought a Sony Vaio. The reason? Her job largely consists of producing Microsoft Office documents (Word and PowerPoint), and she was scared of compatibility issue. I explained to her that Office 2004 for Mac actually shouldn't have any compatibility issues and that anyway she could use Parallels, but it was all to no avail. It's REALLY, REALLY hard to get people to switch away from an environment that they've been accustomed to their whole computing life.

With the iPhone, though, this isn't an issue. Phones have all kinds of different operating systems (Windows Mobile, Symbian, Palm OS), but there is NO dominant operating system. If there is any "standard" mobile application platform, it's actually Java Mobile. And I'm sure the iPhone will have Java support, so it will be able to run Opera mini, the Google Mobile apps, the many Java-based games, etc. Point is, customers just doesn't have the same kind of barrier to buying an iPhone than they would with buying a Mac. It's really more akin to the iPod situation.

Finally, the major point is that the initial iPhone WILL BE an iPod!!! It will be marketed as an iPod nano with phone features built in, not the other way around. And the nano is the most popular iPod model. The fact is, a lot of people that were thinking of getting the nano will opt to just get the iPhone instead. And a lot of people that were ready to get a new phone will opt for the iPhone for the same reason that they are flocking to phones like the LG Chocolate or the Sony W810i. Combine these two populations and you have a monster hit at least by mobile phone industry standards.

Yes, the phone marketplace is crowded. And yes, the article is right that the iPhone will just be another gadget on the shelf. Of course the iPhone won't achieve the same market share as the iPod! But if the iPhone becomes the best selling phone of all time (ecliping the RAZR), would it be a failure if it didn't get iPod-type market share? That's a completely asinine notion.

Here's my prediction: the iPhone will be:

- the best-selling iPod (and it *is* an iPod)
- one of the top-selling phone models if not *the* top phone model
- one of Apple's biggest sources of revenue if not *the* top source of revenue

In summary, the author is a blathering idiot and I can't believe he actually gets paid to write this crap.

chicagdan
Dec 7, 2006, 03:22 PM

But all of this assumes that Steve Jobs is an idiot and he's not. He knows full well that most mobile phones are decent enough ... the only reason to create the iPhone is defensive, to defend the iPod turf. So it doesn't have to be better than everything else, it just has to be as stylish as the Moto with a better interface + a true iPod attached. It doesn't have to change the world, it merely needs to be there when iPod users decide that they really want to merge their iPods and phone ... if they ever decide to do so. If this product fails, it will more than likely be because consumers aren't interested in that merger ... and that outcome would suit Apple just fine.

Scarlet Fever
Dec 7, 2006, 03:27 PM
i dont believe Apple are going to be trying to take over the cell phone industry; just bring a new team into the game. If Apple can execute it well, people will want to buy it, but i don't believe, and i hope Apple doesn't, that it will dominate the market like the iPod has.

NaMo4184
Dec 7, 2006, 03:27 PM

Current Phones don't sync well with the mac. Accept maybe the Treo. Also some sony phones

lmalave
Dec 7, 2006, 03:28 PM

Oh but it *does* solve an issue! :)

Combining a phone with a music player.

As I see it phones are converging and trying to provide 3 things in addition to basic phone/texting:
1) camera
2) music player
3) mobile web/email

Various phones combine these to a varying degree of succcess, but the iPhone will be *the* music player phone. Is it an order of maginitue better? No, but neither was the iPod. The article was *wrong* in stating that Apple was the first hard-drive based player. It wasn't, but it was by far the smallest and best-designed. Likewise, the iPhone will be by far the best music-player phone for people who value that functionality most highly as a phone's "secondary" function.

xli_ne
Dec 7, 2006, 03:33 PM
Yes, the phone marketplace is crowded. And yes, the article is right that the iPhone will just be another gadget on the shelf. Of course the iPhone won't achieve the same market share as the iPod!

Here's my prediction: the iPhone will be:

- the best-selling iPod (and it *is* an iPod)
- one of the top-selling phone models if not *the* top phone model
- one of Apple's biggest sources of revenue if not *the* top source of revenue

dont you think it would have to achieve the same market share to become Apple's biggest sources of revenue?

j33pd0g
Dec 7, 2006, 03:39 PM
I still think (and hope) the phone will not have anything to with playing music... wouldn't that encroach on iPod sales? Now have it be a phone that hooks in with iLife and .mac and is a portable OS X with a USB, FW, or Airport card and I would buy one.

Flowbee
Dec 7, 2006, 03:44 PM
The writer of that column states the same thing i've said since I first heard this iPhone rumor.. that Apple stuck when the MP3 market was in it's infancy, with a product that not only was leaps and bounds more capable, but much smaller, and easy to use.

So you're saying that it's impossible for someone to design a phone that's "leaps and bounds more capable" than what we have today? Yikes. That's a world I don't want to live in. :eek:

robertnq
Dec 7, 2006, 03:56 PM
dont you think it would have to achieve the same market share to become Apple's biggest sources of revenue?

i dont think so...the cell phone market is way bigger than the mp3 market....something like 200 million people in the US have a cell phone, compared to 42 million iPods sold worldwide....even if apple gets 1% thats 2 million....plus of those 42 million iPod owners who will upgrade to the iPhone eventually.....for what 2-3 hundred a pop....thats money....thats a breakthrough ...

think about that for awhile...

:cool:

ricksbrain
Dec 7, 2006, 04:02 PM
Apple doesn't have to be number one or even at the top to be profitable. If they've shown anything this past decade, it's that they do best when they go a little tangent to their competitors, not directly head to head. If this device exists and it has some unique functionality that'll take a bit for others to catch on to, they'll make a killing.

MrCrowbar
Dec 7, 2006, 04:06 PM
Some things don't appear to be problems until after a solution has been found... often times we're used to do things in such a way and can't dream of a better way... maybe they'll figure out a better way? I doubt I'll get one though. My RAZR works fine with my Mac for what I need it for.

That's exactly how I felt when using a Mac for a while. People are so handycapped by Windows that's it's hard to switch over to something more useable. I remember doing things on the PC mostly using workarounds and geeky tools that mess up the whole system and made me reinstall windows every 4 months or so. Or take printing for example...
On the Mac now, it just all works, I can even back up the whole Macintosh HD to an external drive, and boot from the external. Search in Mail works (unline Outlook express or Thinderbird).
It's all about a good User Interface. All phones I used so far that had a color screen sucked in that regard. The old Nokias rocked, they were fast in terms of navigation and let you do what you wanted to. Now they look fancyer, but it takes 3 times as long to place a call from a number in your phone list.

I say "Go Apple, bring on the phone!". I'd wait for reviews like I did for my Macbook and probably buy one the second week after it's out.

IJ Reilly
Dec 7, 2006, 04:10 PM

The default position of most CNET writers when it comes to Apple products. Somebody should check this guy's previous work. I'll bet he said something similar about the iPod a few years ago. I notice he debunks others unnamed about their (suspiciously bogus-sounding) Apple product predictions, but doesn't confess to a single one of his own.

lmalave
Dec 7, 2006, 04:13 PM
I still think (and hope) the phone will not have anything to with playing music... wouldn't that encroach on iPod sales? Now have it be a phone that hooks in with iLife and .mac and is a portable OS X with a USB, FW, or Airport card and I would buy one.

What would be wrong with the iPhone encroaching on iPod sales? It would only be a problem if the iPhone margins were lower than the iPod margins, but I doubt that will be the case. Apple will be able to afford a higher retail price for the iPhone to make up for the higher productions costs, since most users get something like a $200 rebate from the phone company when buying a phone anyway.

So think of it this way, you can buy an iPhone for the same price as an iPod nano (with 2 year contract), and Apple makes as much or *more* profit from your purchase as it would have from you purchasing the equivalent iPod nano. It's win-win-win for you, Apple, and not to mention the phone company (since you signed a 2 year commitment to them).

Jay42
Dec 7, 2006, 04:17 PM
Cell phones aren't clunky, inadequate devices. Instead, they are pretty good. Really good.

Haha, I hope Apple proves him very wrong.

dashiel
Dec 7, 2006, 04:39 PM
if one is to compare the ipod phenomenon and hope for the same with the ipod, then one is absolutely nuts. a company would be considered beyond fortunate to get one industry changing product in their lifetime. apple has three - apple ][, the macintosh, the ipod. the iphone need merely capture 10% of the cell phone market (not 70-80% as it has with the ipod) and blow away ipod sales.

Cell phones aren't clunky, inadequate devices. Instead, they are pretty good. Really good.

though i agree with this fellow the iphone isn't going to have the same dominance as the iphone -- cell phones have horrible user interfaces. i may be overly-picky since i do UI, but i haven't encountered a single phone that ranks higher than below average.

bimmerkid
Dec 7, 2006, 05:04 PM

Sony Ericsson's have a great GUI when it comes to both the phone and mp3 player and reception is better than Motorola's, however, they are annoying to sync with the mac. In Address book when you have a first name only and then sync it to the SE phone, on the phone it will hyphenate the last name so it would look like MOM -. Calender updates made on the phone will only sync with one designated "category" in ical like "home", "work", etc. But there is a really, totally awesome feature that allows the phone to connect to the mac via bluetooth as a mouse. You can actually control the mouse arrow with software that comes standard on the phone.

Motorola's have.... well they have thin phones and thats the only positive thing I can say about them. They can sync the same as the SE phones can but with the exception of the auto hyphenating of nonexistent last names.

Nokia's are like bomb shelters, just dependable, like a 1989 Honda Civic.They have great battery life, offer both smartphones, PDAs, and entry level phones which are all semi decent when it comes to syncing with the mac. They have the same lame "one category" upload sync available. They also have a few cool features with address book such as text messaging, phone dialing and caller id... of course its only on some supported phones... but like always it's not that hard to change some coding.

Samsung... well they look nice :-D they have great reception and a better gui than motorola. But can't sync with macs.

Handspri...(sorry... only a few will have got this joke)Palm is just out dated and they seem to freeze/restart quite a bit. They sync wonderfully with the isync hotsync plug in. They just are unable to sync with the photos of people in the address book. They allow to have different types/catigoties of calendars to upload and download.

Blackberry's are awesome they work well at every business thing that is imaginable. Macs weren't designed to fit the blackberry profile... this meaning that they have a great gui but is horrible around a mac. PocketMac(?) is not a bad application but it seems to have a lot of issues with conduits as does Palm.

I feel even worse for the CDMA subscribers. They have a selection of either getting a PC or a Palm/Blackberry.

Overall... What do they all seem to have problems with?

THE MAC

Now imagine a world where a phone CANNOT connect, sync, or be recognized by a PC! Where it was built by Apple for the macs. I would love to be able to have .Mac, iTunes, iCal, Address Book, iPhoto, and even maybe as far as my current desktop picture to sync with my phone. The syncing ability is one resolution many people will find comforting with an apple phone. People who need/want a smart phone have 4 glorious options:
1. Microsh*t Mobile Smart Phones/PDA
2. Palm
3. Blackberry
4. Manufacturer's OS such as Symbian 60/90 on SE and Nokia's

My reason will cover those listed above and as far as PRIDE for being a macaddict. I am a loyal Apple cult member... have been since my first Mac {PLUS}. I will never own a PC, I will never lay a penny for Microsh*t's Products. I used Appleworks/Clarisworks all my machooded life.

(I did not list MSh*t product on this reply because I am a very biased person when it comes to them.)

Oh by the way... you can either love this post or hate it. Remember it's just one opinion that has some bias.

Thank You,
Evan

SkyBell
Dec 7, 2006, 05:36 PM
The article wasn't exactly wrong; It stated that the iPod was the first MP3 player to use a 1.8 inch hard drive. it said some other companies had used larger ones.

valve83
Dec 7, 2006, 06:50 PM
Most cell phones have way too many buttons and a very poorly-designed and sluggish user interface. I can't wait to see Apple's take on the cell phone/music player combo, especially in this EXTREMELY important area of UI. I will pay a good premium to use a well-designed product with a well-thought-out interface. I will do this because I respect Apple's designers, however I will not place them above criticism and "buy anything that Steve wipes his ass with." That I would never do =)

Analog Kid
Dec 7, 2006, 08:12 PM

Look-- Apple could do nothing more than take last years model from South Korea or Japan and ship it in the US and it would be leaps and bounds better than what we have.

But all of this assumes that Steve Jobs is an idiot and he's not. He knows full well that most mobile phones are decent enough ... the only reason to create the iPhone is defensive, to defend the iPod turf. So it doesn't have to be better than everything else, it just has to be as stylish as the Moto with a better interface + a true iPod attached. It doesn't have to change the world, it merely needs to be there when iPod users decide that they really want to merge their iPods and phone ... if they ever decide to do so. If this product fails, it will more than likely be because consumers aren't interested in that merger ... and that outcome would suit Apple just fine.
That's exactly it. People keep looking at the iPhone as a growth product, but it's not-- it's defensive. Sooner or later, someone is going to get enough storage in a phone combined with a workable user interface and when that day comes people will choose one device over two.

jericho53
Dec 7, 2006, 09:07 PM
Current Phones don't sync well with the mac. Accept maybe the Treo. Also some sony phones

My RAZR syncs my contacts phone and email just fine via bluetooth. I wish it would sync with iCal. I think there is a software workaround solution, but I hear its not stable.

wmmk
Dec 7, 2006, 09:31 PM
hey guys, i just realized something! most phones have a crappy interface!

mccldwll
Dec 7, 2006, 09:33 PM
There seems to be a coordinated attack on Apple going on that's based on absolutely no news. Wall Street Journal attacks ipod durability (above industry average, nothing new). CNET attacks non-existent product. CNBC (financial news) has been been sounding like negative political adds. My personal take is that this is not about the products. It's all about trying to knock aapl's stock price down for the benefit of big money buyers before it really takes off in the coming weeks.

A is jump
Dec 7, 2006, 10:33 PM
I agree to a point, but if the recent rumors about ichat integration and video messaging are true... that is a function that people might laugh at in the begining, and suddenly find that it is a function that they use all the time.

I for one could imagine using those features very often. I often find myself getting off work at 8pm and wanting to drop a line to my folks who live 2 time zones ahead, it would be nice to send them a little video via my iphone that they could watch the next morning saying "hi mom, I'm not dead, I love you"

If apple releases a phone, and it has great features and functions, then I will buy it.

princealfie
Dec 7, 2006, 11:15 PM
but if the iphone had tiger on it would we be complaining?

Eduardo1971
Dec 8, 2006, 12:00 AM
I dunno about you, but I have yet to find a single cell phone interface out there that I think is really particularly good (Verizon takes extra care to **** up decent phones by putting their ****** UI on all of them). They're servicable, but there is definitely room for improvement. And if anyone can create a great music player/phone combo with an intuitive UI, it's Apple.
In my opinion, SonyEricsson makes some good mobile phones. I previously had the SE T616 and currently have the SE W600i. Both decent mobile phones.

winmacguy
Dec 8, 2006, 12:27 AM
This made my day!

It's predictable. If Apple got into medical devices, people would come out of Steve Jobs' speech proclaiming "The iBag is the easiest, most user-friendly colostomy device I've ever encountered."

You just made mine too!;) :)

Belly-laughs
Dec 8, 2006, 03:53 AM
At first I thought he was talking about the Zune. :p

He forgot to mention FireWire for fast transfers as reason for success. 5GB of songs over USB 1.1? Ouch!

The mobile phone market is much bigger than the mp3 player market. To get the same revenue from the iPhone, Apple may not need more than 5% of the market. Also, the iPod will co-exist with it for a long time unless consumers dictates otherwise.

I agree with the above poster claiming the iPhone is a product designed to defend the iPodīs position in a market still evolving. To claim that (music)phones canīt be improved is silly. If that was true, why do manufacturers constantly improve their line-ups? Arenīt things getting any better? As for the quantum leaps the iPod represented, they may be hard to accomplish again in the phone market. But why not? The perfect solution donīt seem obvious until someone presents it. If rumours hold true, theyīre already doing it with two batteries. I firmly believe that Apple have an advantage starting from scratch, being able to start the design process with totally different perspectives and aims.

Most manufacturers think the design is finished when thereīs nothing more to add. With Apple itīs finished when thereīs nothing more to remove. An important difference.

furious
Dec 8, 2006, 04:32 AM
It would only take a small improvement in the user experience to make a seismic shift in the mobile phone market. Think how big this market is. How many phones are in this market. Imagine if apple could capture 5% of that market. It would never be the runaway success the ipod is. It is another ploy to bring people to the cult of mac. A RDF device if you will. Something to get people to see Apple as a company differently. Much like the original iMac did. It changed computing for many people. So if Apple could deliver a phone that improves the user experience in a small way a huge ripple will be created.

iJaz
Dec 8, 2006, 08:08 AM
The same people who predicted the Zune as a huge success now predict the iPhone to be a great failure.
I'll kill myself if they turn out to be right. :rolleyes: Luckily, I think the odds are on my side, big times.

SPUY767
Dec 8, 2006, 08:33 AM
Picture this, if you will. Apple releases an easy to use pay as you go phone service that uses iTMS for parents to purchase their children cell phone minutes. . . Just a thought.

SPUY767
Dec 8, 2006, 08:59 AM
You just made mine too!;) :)

Mine too! But only because I've been looking forever for an easy to use bag to hold this **** that I can't pass because I no longer have a large intestine, or rectum. Thank you Steve, thank you.

srobert
Dec 8, 2006, 01:05 PM
I've owned 3 cell phones in the past 10 years but they've all ended up at the bottom of a drawer after a few months. I still haven't found a phone that is simple and well designed enough to be worth the trouble. Not to mention my personnal dislike of cell carriers. (So greedy. Second only to the music industry. Always trying to give you as little as they possibly can. Making you pay for all the little extras separately while at the same time making it sounds as if they're giving you the deal of the century. They'd be gouging us even more if competition was not as fierce. All their bundles are designed to make you pay for extra stuff you wouldn't use otherwise. Also, the concepts of limited time and day/night/week/weekend distinction simply is ridiculous. Just my personnal opinion. End of rant^_^)

I'm still waiting for a good and simple enough phone for my personnal taste. I'm keeping an eye on Apple because I like how well designed their other products are but they'll have to pull out something very special if they want to reconciliate me with cell phones.

CEAbiscuit
Dec 8, 2006, 01:48 PM
You are so right. It really does come down to the carrier for reliablility,etc. You can have the coolest phone in the world, but if you can't make a reliable call, everything else is useless. I hope Apple can find a creative way to manage carriers, but my fear is they can't.

SiliconAddict
Dec 8, 2006, 02:08 PM
The iPod also conquered the problem of small screens and cheesy navigation. With its newfound popularity, the company was also able to get music publishers to agree to its terms.

Unfortunately for Apple, problems like that don't exist in the handset business. Cell phones aren't clunky, inadequate devices.

Umm I beg to differ. Windows mobile while good, has a cludgy interface. Blackberry? Please god no. Kill the UI.
Then you have syncing with both devices. Twitchy at best. I setup about 2-3 crackberries a day where I work. I know RIM's software. I know it too well. It sucks like a black whole from which nothing can escape. MS's activestink software? It works....kind of.

As for your average cell phone UI....meh. I've used LG's, moto's, Sanyo's, and a few others that I can't really think of off the top of my head. No one's UI impresses me.

I think Mikie is full of crap. But most columnists are so nothing new there.

valve83
Dec 9, 2006, 09:54 AM
As for your average cell phone UI....meh. I've used LG's, moto's, Sanyo's, and a few others that I can't really think of off the top of my head. No one's UI impresses me.

I'm right with you. I want to see a UI that is not just "adequate" and "functional," but that actually makes the product enjoyable to use.

The examples are many, but how about when are you are inserting symbols into a text message? Are the symbols in order of most-frequently-used? No. You have to scroll all around to get at the symbols you want, which are in Unicode order or something along those lines. Yawn. It just doesn't make sense, and I really don't think anybody is putting any thought into some of the details that get ignored and thereby ruin most cell phone UIs.

psychofreak
Dec 9, 2006, 10:03 AM
Haha, I hope Apple proves him very wrong.

Hear hear