PDA

View Full Version : iPod shipping information???

puriuchi
May 1, 2003, 05:26 PM
I ordered my new iPod minutes after the Apple Store went back on-line. Standard Shipping. Yesterday it upgraded to Priority Overnight. Has anyone else who ordered on Monday w/ Standard Shipping had theirs listed as "shipped" yet?

erik1975
May 1, 2003, 09:49 PM
Check again, it should say shipped now. Enjoy!

minimac
May 1, 2003, 11:02 PM
I just checked again and it finally says 'shipped'. Now I can go to sleep and have happy iPod dreams. :)

illumin8
May 2, 2003, 12:08 AM
Mine says "shipped" now, but when I go to track the order, it says this:

Tracking Number Status Delivery Information

1. 1Z XXX XXXX XXX ...
In Transit
Service Type: GROUND DEL CONF

Did my order ship ground ??? Please tell me no... They promised me it would be here Friday. Also, my order does say Shipping Method: Priority Overnight on the Apple Store site.

Rai
May 2, 2003, 12:45 AM
Samething placed order few minutes after ipods where available. Just got my shipping confirmation. At apple site said overnight shipping before i got shipping confirm.

But the fedex tracking numbers says it is shipping Ground:confused:

Which is a downgrade from the 2 day shipping i paid for.:mad:

wsteineker
May 2, 2003, 01:09 AM
I ordered 2nd day shipping when I placed my order as I didn't see an option for overnight. My shipping information from Apple said it was shipping via Airborne Express. The original tracking search said that the package in question was being shipped from Sophia, Bulgaria on 12/31/01 and that it was received in another city in Bulgaria on 2/24/03. This seems odd, as it's not an iPod shipment. It's also the longest overnight shipment in the history of overnight shipments, but that's another thread. Eventually I got confirmation that Ingram Micro had shipped my iPod from Memphis to the sorting facility in Ohio. Should be here Saturday. Anyone else have this sort of a bizarre problem? :)

Rai
May 2, 2003, 01:22 AM
Weirdest thing, on my order status page, it shows it as shipped, but the fedex tracking number has been removed, and it gives no info on shipping any more. Except the left hand column shows overnight shipping.

But old fedex number still shows a package being sent to me by ground shipping.

now totally confused :confused:

RLB
May 2, 2003, 07:02 AM
I paid the 8 bucks and mine shipped ground via UPS yesterday. However, b/c it was shipped from Lancaster, PA it still should be here today.

Rai
May 2, 2003, 07:41 AM
Just called Fed-ex my tracking number given by apple is bogus!:confused:

It is a tracking number for a package they have not recieved yet, and say it is highly unlikely there is any chance i will see this mystery package if it exists even by early next week.

According to Apple, fedex ground delivery is same day delivery from penn. to maine, and that the package should be given to fedex, latter today.

Hmm... Apple now know more about shipping than fedex interesting.

Bracing myself for a big disappointment today.:mad:

Ps: Is this normal apple behavior really never have come across criptic shipping info like this before:confused:

puriuchi
May 2, 2003, 12:10 PM
There is hope...

Last night late, my order status FINALLY showed that it had shipped, but no tracking information, this morning I had tracking information that showed it arrived in Ohio and was on it's way to Chicago, and VIOLA it arrived at my office at 9:30am this morning.

NOTE: I bought on Monday, standard shipping, got free overnight, arrived Friday as promised by Apple.

Good Luck All on receiving your new iPods. I can't wait to get home and sync this thing!

MeanE
May 2, 2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by puriuchi
There is hope...

Last night late, my order status FINALLY showed that it had shipped, but no tracking information, this morning I had tracking information that showed it arrived in Ohio and was on it's way to Chicago, and VIOLA it arrived at my office at 9:30am this morning.

NOTE: I bought on Monday, standard shipping, got free overnight, arrived Friday as promised by Apple.

Good Luck All on receiving your new iPods. I can't wait to get home and sync this thing!

Ahh sweet...you lucky bastard. I don't know when mine will be comming...I bought it from a store and they will call me when it is in.

illumin8
May 2, 2003, 03:26 PM
Apparently my tracking info now shows scheduled delivery date of May 2nd! It better be here in the next hour and a half (by 5:00) or I will be pissed... :mad:

The funny thing was, they actually shipped it ground last night at 9:30pm, but it was shipped from Tennesee (I live in Little Rock, AR), and it arrived in Little Rock late last night. I guess Apple has redundant shipping locations all around the country and they probably have the ability to ship things ground to most areas and still have them arrive overnight.

It must just be a way for them to save shipping costs.

minimac
May 2, 2003, 03:46 PM
Arggh! Silly me, I didn't realize I had to be there to sign for the package. Usually when UPS delivers they just leave it between the doors. Now I have to drive down at 8 tonight to pick it up. I would have been better off just picking one up at CompUSA or Best Buy. I probably would have even gotten it a day or two earlier according to some of the other threads here!

Oh well, once I have the iPod in my hands I'll be better :)