Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caspa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2003
Sydney
Am I right in assuming that there is no full-screen function in quickime? I've look all around the menus etc... couldn't find anything.

If this is true, whats the best alternative media play that everyone uses to play their mpegs and avis etc etc.

Thanks

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
other media palyers include VLC (video lan client) and MPlayer. Both are great i suggest u try them .they can be foudn by searching verstiontracker.com

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
I hate how Apple does the quicktime pro thing. I had 5 Pro for OS 9. And now I have to buy it again which I wont be doing. They could at least make it cheaper for peopl upgrading. All I want to do with it is download the movie trailers off of Apple's site and watch in fullscreen.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by me hate windows
I hate how Apple does the quicktime pro thing. I had 5 Pro for OS 9. And now I have to buy it again which I wont be doing. They could at least make it cheaper for peopl upgrading. All I want to do with it is download the movie trailers off of Apple's site and watch in fullscreen.

hmm...

I have pro, my dad got it... ect contact me.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>All I want to do with it is download the movie trailers off of Apple's site and watch in fullscreen. (me hate windows)

I'm afraid that even with Quicktime Pro you may have trouble doing so. Even with QTPro and a few utilities I cannot get into the direct web address for some trailers. Some websites will not allow you to do so.

Also, about your Quicktime price upgrades $30 is not much at all. Would you rather update FCP for $300 or Photoshop for $130??

Many ink cartridges and nearly all laser printer toners are more expensive than QTPro.

Also, a cool freeware utility for full screen is TruPlaya. I got sick of PresentMovie, so I used TruPlaya.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15590

It's 109KB, and it's free.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by King Cobra
>All I want to do with it is download the movie trailers off of Apple's site and watch in fullscreen. (me hate windows)

I'm afraid that even with Quicktime Pro you may have trouble doing so. Even with QTPro and a few utilities I cannot get into the direct web address for some trailers. Some websites will not allow you to do so.

Also, about your Quicktime price upgrades $30 is not much at all. Would you rather update FCP for $300 or Photoshop for $130??

Many ink cartridges and nearly all laser printer toners are more expensive than QTPro.

Also, a cool freeware utility for full screen is TruPlaya. I got sick of PresentMovie, so I used TruPlaya.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15590

It's 109KB, and it's free.

acually I think he is talking about the clips that have the 'fullscreen' tab and then in-non quicktime pro, it doesn't open full screen.

BTW, there are alot of apps out there that have features and stuff. (PM me)

Caspa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2003
Sydney
Originally posted by andrewlandry
here is a freeware utility that allows you to play quicktime movies in fullscreen mode. i'm not positive it works (i have pro).

http://download.com.com/3000-2200-9698079.html?tag=lst-0-19

I downloaded the utitly and it works fine, althought it can be a little hard to use at first as there is no interface so you have to remember the commands.

Thanks for the link :)

boobers

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2002
QT lol!!

People still use this program?
Apple's QT strategy is all wrong!
They are the only company that charges for FS.
Go and DL Mplayer and VLC.
QT doesn't deserve a place in my dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.