PDA

View Full Version : MacHeist bundle on sale (10 award winning apps for $49) incl...

MacBytes
Dec 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Apple Software
Link: MacHeist bundle on sale (10 award winning apps for $49) including Delicious Library, DevonThink, RapidWeaver, ShapeShifter and more! (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20061211141318)
Description:: To Mac users who have been waiting for a steeply discounted bundle of some of the hottest OS X apps: your patience has finally been rewarded. MacHeist has assembled a dream lineup of apps including Delicious Library, TextMate, RapidWeaver, DEVONthink Personal, RapidWeaver, Disco, iClip 4, Newsfire, FotoMagico, ShapeShifter, and a Pangea game for only $49.99. The sale will continue until Dec. 17. Twenty-five percent of each sale will be donated to a charity of the customer's choice.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

x86isslow
Dec 11, 2006, 02:07 PM
Caveat Emptor!

Notice the lack of a lock icon! And the RSS? Are they really webcasting your CreditCard information to anyone with an RSS reader?

killmoms
Dec 11, 2006, 02:09 PM
It would've been nice if Child's Play (http://www.childsplaycharity.org/) was one of the available charities.

joelypolly
Dec 11, 2006, 02:11 PM
Caveat Emptor!

Notice the lack of a lock icon! And the RSS? Are they really webcasting your CreditCard information to anyone with an RSS reader?

Weird.. I just purchased and it has SSL and the Lock icon. But a good deal i would say. I was eyeing up both delicious lib and shapeshifter but now i got both and a whole lot more

redAPPLE
Dec 11, 2006, 02:22 PM
the problem with this bundle is, imo?

there are affordable apps, great apps.

but they are not a must have for me. textmate, there is a must have for me.

well, you can't win them all, i guess.

i will have to evaluate all the apps and then decide. i got a few days to do it.

iKwick7
Dec 11, 2006, 02:47 PM
Some quality programs in there, but not must haves for me either. Delicious Library is an awesome, awesome, fun little app, and I have already purchased it. I would like disco, but that's really the only 1 of the bunch that interests me (besides D.L).

Dec 11, 2006, 02:49 PM
bla bla bla.. jadda jadda jadda...
MacHeist has assembled a dream lineup of apps including Delicious Library, TextMate, RapidWeaver, DEVONthink Personal, RapidWeaver, Disco, iClip 4, Newsfire, FotoMagico, ShapeShifter, and a Pangea game for only $49.99. The sale will continue until Dec. 17. Twenty-five percent of each sale will be donated to a charity of the customer's choice. bla bla bla...

Wow, you get Rapidweaver twice??

nice pack.. but most are not my kind of apps.. and i already got rapidweaver, I dont need it 3 times..

bousozoku
Dec 11, 2006, 03:21 PM
If Disco works as promised, it will be great for me. I've been looking for something to just stream my photos to a disc or some sort for permanent storage. Stuffit Deluxe 8 was supposed to do it and so was Toast, but they only work if it will all fit on one disc.

I've also been looking at Rapidweaver and TextMate, so it's a good deal overall. Apparently iClip version 4 is not yet available but you get a licence anyway and the licence works with version 3.7.

Err, NewsFire and TextMate are only a paid part of the bundle if they are able to give a certain amount to charity.

PlaceofDis
Dec 11, 2006, 03:23 PM
i might have to spring for this.

i wouldn't mind Delicious Library at all, and iClip4 should be good. i've toyed around with the demo or RW and it was a solid app. I've told myself that i'll get Shapeshifter when Leapord was released, but if its included works for me, only need an upgrade later. so its a deal for me. :)

wmmk
Dec 11, 2006, 04:06 PM
Of these apps, I could use rapidweaver, shapeshifter (maybe), and disco (also a maybe, depending on how well it worked). I suppose Delicious Library would be sorta cool if it actually had a bit more function, though I love the GUI.
Anyway, $39 for rapidweaver, $20 for shapeshifter, and $15 for disco. Anyway, I'm sure iWeb '07 will have lots of cool new updates, and I'm buying that anyway. Shapeshifter seems gimmicky, and disco sounds like it's still buggy. Anyway, I'll pass on this, buy iLife '07, keep using uno, and donate to charities of my choice.

Sawtoothdude
Dec 11, 2006, 09:24 PM
The only App in there i really like is shapeshifter. Is there a free alternative to it though?

tominated
Dec 11, 2006, 09:39 PM
i want delicious library, shapeshifter, rapidweaver, disco, iclip (sorta) and enigmo 2 or nanosoar 2.

shame it is only for a week, because i will only have the moolah after xmas:'(

GeorgeTheMonkey
Dec 12, 2006, 12:19 AM
i want delicious library, shapeshifter, rapidweaver, disco, iclip (sorta) and enigmo 2 or nanosoar 2.

shame it is only for a week, because i will only have the moolah after xmas:'(

*Warning: Highly Irresponsible and Stupid Statement Following*

That's why they invented Plastic, my friend! :D

... Seriously, I went ahead and bought it. I had Delicious Library on my To Buy list for a long time, and TextMate as well has been insanely useful but I just haven't gotten around to buying it, so I figured with the combined price of those two apps, you're getting more than a savings you're also getting free stuff! Heck, DL is $45 regularly, I believe. An extra $4 is nothin' for all the others.

tominated
Dec 12, 2006, 04:59 AM
*Warning: Highly Irresponsible and Stupid Statement Following*

That's why they invented Plastic, my friend! :D

... Seriously, I went ahead and bought it. I had Delicious Library on my To Buy list for a long time, and TextMate as well has been insanely useful but I just haven't gotten around to buying it, so I figured with the combined price of those two apps, you're getting more than a savings – you're also getting free stuff! Heck, DL is $45 regularly, I believe. An extra $4 is nothin' for all the others.

i meant i am totally broke. i'm gonna try and see if i can borrows some money from dad

BTW: how do they get it so cheap!?

Unorthodox
Dec 12, 2006, 11:14 AM
The only app I had has Disco so I bought it

dejo
Dec 13, 2006, 12:46 AM
Just remember that Disco is still in Public Beta and downloadable for free.

jettredmont
Dec 13, 2006, 04:51 AM
Sprang for the group, primarily for:

1. iClip - I really like this utility and it was on my "buy" list anyway. It's been a real time saver! Worth every penny ($30)!
2. DevonThink - Been wanting to play with this for a while. I tried it out a while back and was impressed, but not enough to justify the price of even the Personal version. Adds about $20-25 in value for the bundle.
3. FotoMagico - I work primarily in Aperture, and it's slideshow features lack flair. More flair! This app seems horribly over-priced for what I'd use it for, meaning I'd never buy it on its own. Still, it has the features I want and certainly adds value to the bundle. I'd pay $25 for this separately.
4. Pangea Game - I chose Bugdom 2 for the kids, although the arcade games are very tempting too. But, buying the arcade games separately is cheaper than buying Bugdom 2 separately, so ... Again, worth every penny and I'd be buying it sooner or later, so adds $30 to the bundle value.
5. Delicious Library - Always wanted to get this just because, but could never justify the cost. Now I have it :) Adds about $20 to the bundle value.

So, for me, this is about $130 in value (plus a few other freebies) for $37.50 plus $12.50 going to a charity (recently lost a parent to cancer, so the choice there was easy).

I have two gripes, though. First, it's been 24 hours and several serials have not arrived yet (iClip, Devon, Pangea, and Disco came instantly; the others say to wait up to 72 hours!). I wonder what the delay is. I mean, they don't have someone manually sending these things out, do they? They warned about this up-front, but I didn't take it seriously. Ah, well, I can live in trial mode for another day or two.

Also, the page says we'll be entered into the iClip 4 beta, but the only download available is iClip 3. Sure, I can stand to wait, but it's a bit annoying to be promised something that isn't apparently available!

Unorthodox
Dec 13, 2006, 07:43 AM
Also, the page says we'll be entered into the iClip 4 beta, but the only download available is iClip 3. Sure, I can stand to wait, but it's a bit annoying to be promised something that isn't apparently available!
You should get an email later this week about iClip 4.
The guy who runs iClip is also helps run MacHeist. So he's a little busy with some of the issues they've been having.

FYI, you iClip 4 serial will work with iClip 3 while you wait.

amacgenius
Dec 14, 2006, 08:13 AM
I bought the bundle the second day it comes out, in my opinion if the developers want to contribute like that they that's their business.

I have a feeling NewsFire will be unlocked as the total is $49,638.

PkennethV
Dec 16, 2006, 11:20 PM
I'm going to get ab MBP in one week. Could I buy the package now and just keep the serial numbers?

Unorthodox
Dec 16, 2006, 11:20 PM
I'm going to get ab MBP in one week. Could I buy the package now and just keep the serial numbers?
Yep.

I bought the bundle the second day it comes out, in my opinion if the developers want to contribute like that they that's their business.

I have a feeling NewsFire will be unlocked as the total is $49,638.
I saw you on the MacHeist forums. How's it goin'

x86isslow
Dec 17, 2006, 01:51 AM
]
FYI, you iClip 4 serial will work with iClip 3 while you wait.

Oh, sweet!