Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josecaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hi im runnning 10.4.8,i got two huge problems,first i got the font issue,certain pages and documents just look broken up and or missing letters,its driving me nuts,i just went to my font book all seems fine there,what else could it be??
help please

Java problem too,can anyone send me any help about the dreaded problem with Jave i got java but cant see certain applets and parts of web sites,please help here too.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Is this happening in a particular browser, or is it a cross browser problem? How about on different accounts?

Did you first notice it after updating to 10.4.8?

josecaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
the java problem

the java problem i noticed recently after he latest os x download,the font problem iv had always.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Wait -- so you're saying the font problem happens in multiple applications -- like Safari and Word? Or just in web browsers like Safari, Firefox or Camino? Or just in one specific program?

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I don't have a good, clean answer for you, though I'm sure someone else on the boards can do more than I can.

If I were you, the first thing I would do would be to setup a new account and see if the same font problems exist there. If so, this would suggest a larger system problem.

You might also want to consider cleaning out the font cache in your primary login by downloading a tool like TinkerTool System.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.