PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook without any ports on the side??!!

toontra
Dec 12, 2006, 10:20 AM
A friend has just brought round a Powerbook he's just bought - G4 15" 1GHZ PPC. The thing is, there aren't any ports on either side - no firewire, no USB, no modem, ethernet, dvi. What's going on. Did Apple make a special edition without any connectivity?! :confused:

jimijay
Dec 12, 2006, 10:25 AM
no ports on the back? there is a panel to flip down

Passante
Dec 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
A picture would help. Is it aluminum or gray plastic?

Chundles
Dec 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
A friend has just brought round a Powerbook he's just bought - G4 15" 1GHZ PPC. The thing is, there aren't any ports on either side - no firewire, no USB, no modem, ethernet, dvi. What's going on. Did Apple make a special edition without any connectivity?! :confused:

Ports are on the back of the titanium PowerBooks, behind a flip-down cover.

daneoni
Dec 12, 2006, 10:37 AM
lol. Ports are on the back mate. Its a Tibook.

toontra
Dec 12, 2006, 10:44 AM
OK OK :o It wasn't mine - I've never used a TiBook. He's found his ports and all is well (if I ever live down this embarrassing post!).

Thanks for the help.

Counterfit
Dec 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
A picture would help. Is it aluminum or gray plastic?

Apple never made gray plastic PBooks, the models before the aluminum were made out of titaniium.

glib
Dec 12, 2006, 01:08 PM
At the back behind a panel? That sounds worlds better than their MBP design, I wonder why they changed it.

When my MBP is at home, with a screen, speakers, power, and two usb cables plugged into it, the 6" space to either side of it is unusable and kinda annoying to have. All the cables out of sight behind it would be slick.

superbovine
Dec 12, 2006, 01:14 PM
i imagine that there was a nice picture to setup you laptop that came with it in the box, that they never bothered to look at.

WildCowboy
Dec 12, 2006, 01:22 PM
At the back behind a panel? That sounds worlds better than their MBP design, I wonder why they changed it.

In part, it was to make it sleeker...having it open up while retaining access to the rear ports required somewhat-bulging hinge assemblies.