Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
I recently put together a self-portrait piece. Obviously, this is several shot stitched together in Photoshop. What do you all think?

It's a series of six shots from a Digital Rebel XT, combined in Photoshop, and then adjusted lighting and such digitally. Once I get the files better organized, I can put up a bit about the process. Unfortunately, I was stupid and didn't take any other angles to help explain the whole set-up.

Attachments

• Self-Portrait-(Full-House).jpg
    Self-Portrait-(Full-House).jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 271

iSaint

macrumors 603
I recently put together a self-portrait piece. Obviously, this is several shot stitched together in Photoshop. What do you all think?

It's a series of six shots from a Digital Rebel XT, combined in Photoshop, and then adjusted lighting and such digitally. Once I get the files better organized, I can put up a bit about the process. Unfortunately, I was stupid and didn't take any other angles to help explain the whole set-up.

Very creative. It looks good! I agree that more angles would give a better idea of what's going on to the viewer. Plus, people who know you will better identify with it.

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
Great idea, I really like it. It reminds me of the painting of the dogs playing cards. The only thing that is in focus however, is the stack of chips. As you've called the piece Full House, I would really like to have seen the cards in focus as well.

just a suggestion for next time, otherwise a well thought out picture. well done.

Joony

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2005
I can still see a somewhat highlighted edge around the papers.

Otherwise, good job! I've always wanted to do one of these myself...

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
nicely done. i hope you post a bit about the process soon. great idea, very creative.

i do agree that the cards should have been a little more in focus. but overall very nice.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Very cool. I'm pretty sure this is a MR first, a picture of someone playing with themself. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.