Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2003
I am trying to burn a couple of iDVD projects. The dvd-r kicks out after the processing bar goes through the different audio/video etc. The disc kicks out but is blank. The dvd burn button is still spinning when the disc is spit out. There is a cancel button but it does not cancel anything. I force quit to stop things. When I force quit iDVD is not shown to be a problem. I mean it is not showing that it is not responding. Any ideas? I am trying to process with best quality and also best results.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2003
Duh. I changed brands of DVD-R and things seem to be fine. I had tried several of the other brand first with the ejection problem and just now switched and things seem to be OK. The first brand was Staples the 2nd brand was Verbatim.

pennybrice

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
idvd not responding

Funny the same thing has just happened to me and I've successfully burned the same discs this way before - any idea why it suddenly doesn't work....
Should I get my dvd drive serviced regularly to prevent this reoccurring?
Thanks
penny

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Try burning your iDVD project as a disc image. If your blank DVD somehow does not work out, you won't have to lose as much time re-encoding when trying out a second disc from the same batch or another brand of DVD. Once disc image is done, you would use Disk Utility to burn it.

chuckiehina

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2007
Just my 2 cents

I know it this sounds contrite, but if you are going to burn DVD, you are much better off using Toast. Heck that is just my 2 cents.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I know it this sounds contrite, but if you are going to burn DVD, you are much better off using Toast. Heck that is just my 2 cents.
I disagree, the themes etc. in iDVD makes the DVDs really impressive. Besides, Toast is sold for about $100, while iDVD comes free with your Mac.

whatsgoindown

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
not burning

I'm having the identical problem to failsafe. I have used the burner multiple times with great success - now it doesn't work. I have also tried using the "Save as disc image". It appears that nothing is stored. It will open itunes and play the song I selected, otherwise it shows that I have not recorded anything - 0 K

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.