Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clintob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
New York, NY
Hey All,

I work in a mixed office (mostly PC, but a few Macs as well). We have about 12-15 employees and are looking for the best way to have one consolidated calendar, bulletin board, etc that we can all easily access.

Obviously if we were all Macs we could just sync up an iCal, but that's no in the cards. So has anyone used any programs or web services (preferably free, but willing to look at anything) that handle this kind of thing.

Really, we need to be able to see various individuals' calendars, perhaps have a bulletin board for important notes, and maybe one singular calendar for scheduling the conference room or something like that.

Any input would be awesome... thanks in advance!

clintob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
New York, NY
Yea... I've actually used basecamp a few times on various projects and it's a great tool.

However, I guess what I'm looking for is more along the lines of an online, "share-able" version of iCal or the calendar in Outlook. That's pretty much it. No need for delegating tasks or having milestones and deadlines and such. All the stuff basecamp does so well.

I poked around a little on Google Calendar and that's certainly an option, but I figured I'd like to get some input here first. Has anyone used any other solutions that have some more functionality (like perhaps file sharing - we can host the files , to-do lists, or anything else that might be useful)?

Thanks.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
We use Calcium calendar from Brown Bear Software, running on our department's web server. The price has gone up significantly since we bought it though - we paid $495 for unlimited calendars, and now it's over $1000 for 25 calendars.

It is a nice calendaring web app though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.