PDA

View Full Version : How much music have you NOT listened to?

j26
Dec 14, 2006, 05:47 AM
I noticed myself listening to the same music all the time, so I decided to set up a playlist with music where the play count is 0 and stripped out all movies, audiobooks, podcasts etc and I discovered that of 1830 songs I have not listened to 680 songs (1.9 days of music).

Okay, I've listened to most on cd at some stage, but that is over a third of my music that hasn't been listened to since being imported. I now have the playlist on my iPod and will pick away at it bit by bit. I reckon it's a good way to rediscover my music

How much have you not listened to?

sammich
Dec 14, 2006, 06:01 AM
Well I can totally relate to you.

I have 2034 (out of 5308) songs that I haven't given the chance yet (6.0 days), most of them are the digitised versions of many cd at home, others are the unlistened portions of albums that I have.

Additionally, songs that have a single play count I don't count as being listened to, that would be an additional 932 songs.

I will NEVER get rid of those unlistened songs.

USMaC
Dec 14, 2006, 06:07 AM
My "Never Played" playlist has 2885 songs out of the 4719 in my library. Like you said, I know I've listened to a lot of them on CD, but not since I ripped them to iTunes.

BoyBach
Dec 14, 2006, 06:15 AM
My 'Never Played' list has five songs in it.

Also, my fave is my 'Least Recently Played' playlist. Does exactly what it says in the title and means that I regularly 'rediscover' my music.

j_appel
Dec 14, 2006, 07:25 AM
I noticed a long time ago that I wasn't listening to all my music so set up a smart playlist set to list the songs that I had only listened to less than 2 times and I listen to this playlist a lot. I'm up to less than 8 times now. I found I had a lot of music that really liked!

semicharmed
Dec 14, 2006, 08:54 AM
I have tons of compilations and such, so I'm up to a played less than 10 times smart playlist, everything has more than five. It's about 2/3s of my 3000 songs, but I like everything I have so it's fun.

pianoman
Dec 14, 2006, 09:28 AM
of roughly 1000 songs in my library, my "never played" is exactly 100; so i listen to about 90% of the music in my library.

robbieduncan
Dec 14, 2006, 10:23 AM
I have two playlists to prevent this:

Never Played and Least Recently Played.

When I get new music it goes into Never Played and I tend to listen to it straight away. Then when I want to listen to some tunes, but I'm not too fussed what I hit Least Recently Played. So all my music circulates around over time.

clevin
Dec 14, 2006, 10:36 AM
i have 12900 songs in library, i havent listen to 12800 of them.

heatmiser
Jun 29, 2008, 09:48 PM
Like others, I use smart playlists to keep things circulating. About 5% of my collection is unlistened, which I'm pretty happy with.

DaftUnion
Jun 29, 2008, 10:44 PM
i have 12900 songs in library, i havent listen to 12800 of them.

Just like me...I keep importing more and more music with Max into iTunes but never really listen to it...at least...until the year or two project is done of importing music into iTunes.

GSMiller
Jun 29, 2008, 11:08 PM
I have 148 out of 591 that I haven't listened to. A lot of them are from CDs that haven't been added long and some are from albums that I have bought for other people and don't like.

i.shaun
Jul 1, 2008, 03:12 PM
I just went right through my entire library in 2 nights, 3095 songs

its at 2995 now lol

Had some annoying techno, and rap songs to rid myself of, the rest I'll keep even though I may not always listen to it.

I mainly listen to certain playlists, but ocasionally go off and listen to something different.

GGJstudios
Jul 1, 2008, 03:20 PM
I have over 31,000 songs in my library and there's probably a few hundred I haven't heard yet. Obviously, I listen to some more frequently than others. Some, like Christmas music, only get played annually. Some have historical value, even if I don't listen to them at all, such as tracks I don't particularly like, but which are part of an album I want to keep. Ultimately, I listen to everything at least once and more frequently if I like it. I don't use frequency of listening as a criteria for if something belongs in my library. I don't intend to keep only fragments of albums, just because I might not like some tracks.