PDA

View Full Version : Public beta of Photoshop CS3 to be available Dec. 15

MacBytes
Dec 14, 2006, 07:46 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Public beta of Photoshop CS3 to be available Dec. 15 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20061214084632)
Description:: A beta of Photoshop CS3 beta will be posted on the Adobe Labs web site on Friday, Dec. 15. The beta is available as a Universal Binary, so runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel Macs.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

rxse7en
Dec 14, 2006, 08:48 AM
Awesome! I made the leap to InDesign two years ago and have never looked back at QuarkXpress. ID has been "tolerable" in Rosetta on the C2D 17" MBP. Speedwise it's workable--slower than on the G4 book--it's the crashing while distilling PDFs that's killing me!

B

4legsmedia
Dec 14, 2006, 09:07 AM
That's great! I'd love to test it on my Intel Mac. Will it be available to Adobe customers?

mingisback
Dec 14, 2006, 09:45 AM
That's great! I'd love to test it on my Intel Mac. Will it be available to Adobe customers?

It will be available to everyone... thats why it's called a "Public" beta.

Aaon
Dec 14, 2006, 09:48 AM
It will be available to everyone... thats why it's called a "Public" beta.

Actually, if you read the article towards the end, it looks like it will only be fully available to individuals running CS2, or some other Adobe Software. Looks like it will work for 2 days for everyone, but then it will lock down if a serial number isn't inputted:

"The Photoshop CS3 beta is available in English only but to Photoshop CS2 users worldwide. Itís available to licensed users of either the Photoshop CS2 (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Creative Suite 2.x Standard or Premium (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Production Studio Standard and Premium (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Video Bundle (full, upgrade, and education) or Adobe Web Bundle (full, upgrade, and education). Youíll need to provide your Photoshop CS2, Creative Suite, Production Studio or Bundle serial number in order to get a Photoshop CS3 beta serial number, enabling you to activate the Photoshop beta and use it beyond the two-day grace period."

Blue Velvet
Dec 14, 2006, 09:58 AM
Complete bastards...

We didn't upgrade to CS2 because it was a blatant ripoff so soon on the heels of CS1. More unnecessary restrictions. What is it with companies when they get into a monopolistic position? You think they would have seen what happened to Quark over a 5-10 year period and taken some of those lessons on board.

mduser63
Dec 14, 2006, 11:00 AM
Awesome! I made the leap to InDesign two years ago and have never looked back at QuarkXpress. ID has been "tolerable" in Rosetta on the C2D 17" MBP. Speedwise it's workable--slower than on the G4 book--it's the crashing while distilling PDFs that's killing me!

B

This beta is just Photoshop, it doesn't include any of the other Creative Suite apps.

LaDirection
Dec 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
What we really need is AE 7 Intel. Then we'll have Universal AE Plug in API and therefore AE Plug in support in Final Cut Pro Intel. That is the only reason I haven't bought a quad core yet.

killmoms
Dec 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
What we really need is AE 7 Intel. Then we'll have Universal AE Plug in API and therefore AE Plug in support in Final Cut Pro Intel. That is the only reason I haven't bought a quad core yet.

Agreed. Has there been ANY word out of Adobe at all regarding the Universal plan for AE?

bigandy
Dec 14, 2006, 03:04 PM
i need indesign running universal soon. hope they're quick to release all the betas of the CS3 bundle :rolleyes:

“Over the years, Photoshop has consistently done right by Mac customers, offering a free PowerPC¨ update for Photoshop 2.5 and a free G5 update for PS 7, even though new versions were right around the corner. Making the Photoshop CS3 Beta available to all of our Mac-based Photoshop CS2 users is a further proof of our commitment to the platform.
hmmm, have you? so why are you shutting out CS1 and other users? and how is it proof of commitment as previously if you're doing this:

Since a large portion of our customer base is on Windows, Adobe is simultaneously releasing a Windows version of the Photoshop CS3 beta to Windows XP and Vista users.”

:confused:

Arpan
Dec 14, 2006, 04:01 PM
hmmm, have you? so why are you shutting out CS1 and other users? and how is it proof of commitment as previously if you're doing this:
:confused:

I'm in the same boat. I own CS1, and plan to upgrade to CS3. Being able to use CS3 beta would have been very useful.

One other option they could give us, is let us purchase CS3 before it is released, so that we can use the betas, and then get the final full version when it is released. That way I dont' have to buy CS2, just to be able to use the CS3 betas.

jholzner
Dec 14, 2006, 04:02 PM
I think it's funny how a small Aperture and Aiport update make front page but this gets stuck in macbytes. Seems this is of greater interested.

[edit] okay, now it's there...never mind.