PDA

View Full Version : iPod stereo jack

mdouglas
May 3, 2003, 02:47 PM
I'm looking for a product that would turn the single headphone jack of the iPod into R and L RCA jacks to attach to a stereo. Also, I'm looking for a cord that would simply let me plug the iPod into an "input" jack on a radio.

Do any of you know of a company that makes such products?

TIA,
Mark

pepeleuepe
May 3, 2003, 03:09 PM
Check out any Radio Shack. They should have what you're looking for.

Radio Shack (http://www.radioshack.com/)

rainman::|:|
May 3, 2003, 03:24 PM
yep radioshack, even places like target or walmart might have it. You're looking for a Y-adaptor, very common part. Minijack to RCA component.

pnw

Quark
May 3, 2003, 03:32 PM
If your looking for something of good quality I strongly recommend getting the y-cable from Monster Cable. I think it is called the iCable and the package says it is designed specifically for the iPod -- the only thing that makes it specific to the iPod is the color and outer design of the cable.

I have four of these connected to my stereos around the house and at work. They are great!

You can get them almost anywhere: CompUSA, Fry's Electronics, Apple Store, etc.

Take Care,
Quark

makkystyle
May 3, 2003, 06:26 PM
I would suggest not wasting your money on iPod specific cables. I have a Y-Adapter (minijack to RCA) i bought from radio shack 12 years ago (for my portable cd player) that i use now with my iPod and the quality is excellent.

Monster does make great cables, but you won't notice any difference in sound quality. But they do look good if you want it to match :)