Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWishForNoOne

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
the ipod undoubtedly ends up with some annoying little scratches on the screen that you can only see from particular angles. any idea how to get them out?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
there have been many threads on this. Try Brasso, available anywhere in the cleaning aisle. It's a very mild abrasive for cleaning metals. Rub some in with a soft cloth, LET IT DRY, then buff off. May take a couple of applications, but it'll take out smaller scratches and make bigger scratches a lot less noticable. You can use it on both the front and back (just don't get any in the cracks, it's impossible to get out)

pnw

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
actually i use the silver-cleaner which i use for my flute.. i guess it fills up the space which has been opened by the scratch and also makes ur iPod look shinier then ever!..

Nice Solution... ;)

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
He's not talking about the back of the iPod. Read his post, he's talking about the screen. Sorry man, I don't know of a solution personally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.