PDA

View Full Version : Analog to Dv conversion

jethroted
May 3, 2003, 05:20 PM
I am trying to bring audio in to my mac through a Sony analog/DV converter I have. The problem is that I can't get OSX to recognize it as an audio "in". Final cut pro can see it, but I am trying to use it in spin doctor. Spin doctor needs to choose one of your audios conection specified in your system prefs. Does anyone have any idea how I would get System prefs to recognize this converter as an audio in?

WinterMute
May 4, 2003, 07:31 AM
I'm not sure it's supported by the core audio, it's essentially a video converter, capure the audio in FCP export it as an .aiff via QuickTime and import into Spin Doctor (or use whatever audio format SP uses).

Audio programs require Core Audio Services to recognise the hardware.

LethalWolfe
May 4, 2003, 08:33 AM
What WinterMute said.

Lethal

jethroted
May 4, 2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by WinterMute
I'm not sure it's supported by the core audio, it's essentially a video converter, capure the audio in FCP export it as an .aiff via QuickTime and import into Spin Doctor (or use whatever audio format SP uses).

Audio programs require Core Audio Services to recognise the hardware.

Well I would , but that will take too long! I fpound an app called audiox. It seems to do the job I want. I am waiting for my serial number though. I purchased it online, and it was supposed to be emailed to me, and still has not come. I'm getting really annoyed.

WinterMute
May 4, 2003, 01:02 PM
Didn't your copy of FCP come with Bias Peak?

That works just fine on my machine...

Doh... have you got FCP2 or 3?

Peak OSX only came with 3.

There are a few stereo recorders around now, I hope audiox does it for you.

jethroted
May 4, 2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by WinterMute
Didn't your copy of FCP come with Bias Peak?

That works just fine on my machine...

Doh... have you got FCP2 or 3?

Peak OSX only came with 3.

There are a few stereo recorders around now, I hope audiox does it for you.

well Audiox isn't super helpful, but it does get the job done. I would still like to find something better though.