PDA

View Full Version : when will we have cable-free headphones or remotes?!?

toughboy
May 3, 2003, 05:39 PM
i have the first version of the iPod and soon i'll be an owner of the second one.. it already has its place in my desktop wallpaper and so on.. but the same question keeps appearing on my mind..

when are we going to have the cable-free headphones or remotes?....

I'm sure there are so few who knows the answer, but lets discuss it; shall we?...

c u soon..

phantommaul
May 3, 2003, 05:57 PM
i have some opinions about your concern on cable free headphones. to use cordless headphones apple have to use radio signals via standard FM or high tech bluetooth but there are some drawbacks.

1. By using radio signals on headphones we have to use headphones with batteries and that makes them heavy and imposibble to carry on our ears.

2. Lets imagine we solved the mass problem .there would be another problem of keeping the batteries of the headphones full, which is totally a new burden to the user.

3. And finally and i think most importandly using radio signals (even its via bluetooth) causes the sound quality to reduce. apple tries to increase the quality with the latest announcement of AAC, i dont think they would risk that kind of improvement just to get rid of few cables.

iJon
May 3, 2003, 06:42 PM
well if they can squeeze bluetooth in there we could, cell phones have them at they work quite nice actually. with apples quick pickup of bluetooth it wouldnt surprise me they are workign on a solution. apple is all about less wires.

iJon