PDA

View Full Version : Looking for headphone suggestions - Shure E2C opinions

buffalo
Dec 14, 2006, 05:45 PM
Well, I'm looking for some new headphones. Probably something sound isolating, but doesn't have to be. I have small ears and the earbuds I've tried (Apples old style) don't fit me well at all, so I'm mainly looking for out of the ears. Say I was to splurge and get some Shures or something from Best Buy. Would I be able to return them if they do not fit well?

Suggestions?

JHacker
Dec 14, 2006, 06:14 PM
I loovvvvvve my Bang & Olufsen A8 headphones! Although they technically have earbuds on them, they're really comfortable and stay put.

buffalo
Dec 14, 2006, 07:14 PM
I was at Best Buy and decided to splurge on the Shure E2C's... Will they be fine on small ears? If not I'll not open them and take them back when I return from my trip.

Zeke
Dec 14, 2006, 09:05 PM
The Shures come with a whole bunch of adapters. I used the foam ones (small ears as well) and they work very nicely for me. The other ones I just couldn't get in the right spot and they sounded terribly.

buffalo
Dec 14, 2006, 09:13 PM
I've been reading a lot of positive reviews off amazon, so I think I'll go ahead and open them. I am taking a trip tomorrow, so hopefully they will be nice!

cwright
Dec 14, 2006, 09:33 PM
they're amazing, i love mine!

buffalo
Dec 14, 2006, 10:42 PM
Well in my initial experimenting, all three kinds of the smallest caps would not seal in my ears. The foam produced the best fit, but not tight enough to produce a nice sound. I am very disappointed. I have this trip to test them to see if they will work, but right now I'm thinking I may have to return them - I was looking at the Best Buy receipt and didn't see any exclusions... They would accept them, right?

While searching Shure's support page I came up with this (http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/personalaudio.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3344&p_created=1141831476&p_sid=AhyMD9pi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjImcF9wcm9kcz02NiZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTE uNjYmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9mbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1zbWFsbCBlYXJ z&p_li=&p_topview=1)...
...If the E2c/E2g with the smallest ultra-soft flex sleeve is still too large to fit comfortably, you may be better off with the E3c/E3g earphones. The sleeves are roughly the same size, but because the E3c's nozzle is about half the diameter of the E2c's, the sleeves can compress much more. This allows for a more comfortable fit even with small ear canals.

If the E2c's don't work I would consider upgrading to the E3c, but only if I know for sure that they would work. I wouldn't want to spend the money and tear up the packaging just to find out they are also too small.