Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
This will be a Christmas present for my father so I'm trying to find a good reliable product. He currently has this in his car and loves it:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=354F123E&nplm=TF639LL/A

But as you can probably see, there is no actual dock for the iPod to sit in. Right now he's forced to leave it sitting on the passenger seat or in the cup holder. Does anyone know of any reliable car docks for the iPod to charge in? I've seen a few, but most of them are FM transmitters and he doesn't need that since it's going through AUX. Or do you think he could just use it to charge the iPod and not use the FM functionality?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
i have the same problem my friend. i was looking @ target and walmart, and i think i found what i was looking for, but have not yet bought it. it just goes in the cup-holder. its got a long arm that can move all around and a dock @ the end. i think its like 20 bucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.