PDA

View Full Version : Running Powerbook at 1366 x 768 resolution?

mfacey
Dec 15, 2006, 02:39 AM
I recently bought a DVI-HDMI cable to connect my Powerbook (see sig) to my Sony LCD tv. THe Sony's max resolution is 1366 x 768 (pretty much standard for HD-ready tvs). I've been trying to get my powerbook to output that resolution so I get a full screen picture on the tv. However for some reason I keep getting stuck with 1280x720, which leaves some black bars all around.

I'm using SwitchResX where I input the resolution as a custom resolution. I then restarted as the software suggests, but it doesn't let me apply the resolution. I don't get it!

Anybody have any experience in connecting their powerbook to an hdtv?

EvryDayImShufln
Dec 15, 2006, 08:10 AM
Hmm I could use some help on this too, the same happens to me on my TV, it doesn't take up the entire screen.

mfacey
Dec 15, 2006, 08:50 AM
Hmm I could use some help on this too, the same happens to me on my TV, it doesn't take up the entire screen.

what kind of mac are you using?

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the video card. Maybe the card isn't capable of producing a resolution like that?

skippy911
Dec 15, 2006, 10:18 AM
My tv has dvi input instead of hdmi and the mbp correctly shows up on the tv at 1366x768, maybe it is an issue with hdmi not the mbp.

mfacey
Dec 15, 2006, 10:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

My tv has dvi input instead of hdmi and the mbp correctly shows up on the tv at 1366x768, maybe it is an issue with hdmi not the mbp.

Could be i guess, but i don't see how the powerbook could "know" there's a hdmi plug on the other end of the cable rather than a dvi plug. I just had a thought that it may have something to do with the settings on the tv. This is the first time i've hooked anything up to it via hdmi. I'll check it out later when i get home!

If thats not it then my money is still on the possibility that the video card is the culprit.

EvryDayImShufln
Dec 15, 2006, 12:12 PM
I'm using a C2D MBP so I see no reason why the videocard couldnt handle it lol :p