PDA

View Full Version : new iPod screen ...blue vs white

Fitz
May 3, 2003, 08:05 PM
anyone else a little dissapointed with the new screen of the iPod. Mine has a white backlight vs the blue that appears on the apple site and even the box the iPod comes in.

i am rather happy either way, but i thought that the blue screen would look better with the red from the buttons then white.

any thoughts?

Fitz

XnavxeMiyyep
May 3, 2003, 08:41 PM
I agree. Although I don't have an iPod yet, a blue light would go nicely with one.

ShaolinMiddleFinger
May 3, 2003, 08:47 PM
Well, you could always go to one of those cell phone places and have them change the leds..... I wonder if anyone's ever tried it.

Kwyjibo
May 3, 2003, 08:57 PM
i actaully remember someone putting a red fild like stuff in there after he opened his oldipod. Thats what he did, not exactly what you want. The blue on my 20gb looks awesome , its great for rainy mornings and its pretty easy on the eyes.

http://homepage.mac.com/georgeryon/PhotoAlbum9.html

pyrotoaster
May 3, 2003, 09:33 PM
The iPod on the new box is black. There's two possibilities here.

1. Apple has a special Black iPod in the works
2. Apple either photoshopped or specially made a black iPod just for the box and poster and website

The second is more likely, but it would be pretty cool to get a black iPod (it looks even better than the white one).

lmalave
May 3, 2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by pyrotoaster
The iPod on the new box is black. There's two possibilities here.

1. Apple has a special Black iPod in the works
2. Apple either photoshopped or specially made a black iPod just for the box and poster and website

The second is more likely, but it would be pretty cool to get a black iPod (it looks even better than the white one).

There's a whole thread on this. There is no black iPod. It's a white iPod with the lights turned off to show the backlit screen and buttons. Personally, I like my white iPod which matches my white iBook. Apple's next iDevice better be white!

Moxiemike
May 3, 2003, 09:39 PM
Or....perhaps their using the :black: color to illustrate that it is dark and that's why the ipod backlighting is glowing :)

no black ipod exists. it's an illsutrative effect. geez. how can you guys be so gullible....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pyrotoaster
May 3, 2003, 09:42 PM
I know there's no black iPod, but I can hope.

Personally, I'm getting sick of the whole all-white line up from Apple. Geez, how 'bout some color, Steve?

janey
May 4, 2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pyrotoaster
Personally, I'm getting sick of the whole all-white line up from Apple. Geez, how 'bout some color, Steve?
steve originally hated the fruity iMacs and iBooks. Steve likes the colors of Apple's current line up and so do I and many other people. Why don't you be happy; black, white and graphite are very nice colors. Apple's never gonna change them until Steve changes his mind (which is more unlikely than him dying right now) or until Apple fires Steve (they would almost never fire Steve because he saved the company and he is the individual who makes the company unique and innovative and separates the company from all those other manufacturers)

yzedf
May 4, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
steve originally hated the fruity iMacs and iBooks. Steve likes the colors of Apple's current line up and so do I and many other people. Why don't you be happy; black, white and graphite are very nice colors. Apple's never gonna change them until Steve changes his mind (which is more unlikely than him dying right now) or until Apple fires Steve (they would almost never fire Steve because he saved the company and he is the individual who makes the company unique and innovative and separates the company from all those other manufacturers)
Steve is a spokesperson, not a designer. He has the good taste to approve nice designs, but even then the board could over-rule him. To be honest, SJ will be out of a job in the next 2 years if Apple does not start to turn around. All the puclicity is great, but the sales numbers just aren't there. Margins are up, but number of units sold are down (oops). The switch campaign has been a dud (both in style and effectiveness), powermacs just can't be sold (thanks 970 rumors), the 15" PB can't be sold anymore (thanks 12" and 17"), and the new music store thing is known for 2 basic things (99 cents / song, and lack of availability).

Eckslusive
May 5, 2003, 11:09 PM
I like the old iPods look and backlight better.
the new ones look too plasticy and also the backlight looks like one of those indigo watches..cheap is what i'm trying to say