PDA

View Full Version : Ascii Graphics??, help

Quboid
Dec 15, 2006, 01:26 PM
I am about to do my last progmramming assignment and last project for this semester. I making a calculator and i want to use the ascii codes the build the body for it. I can't seem to google the right code table, anyone have an idea. I am looking for codes that would generate a block on the screen through the printf function.

bronxbomber92
Dec 15, 2006, 01:59 PM
I'm not exactly sure what your asking... I think you need to format it your self with printf statements...

Quboid
Dec 15, 2006, 02:15 PM
I'm not exactly sure what your asking... I think you need to format it your self with printf statements...

i baasically need the ascii code that would print a square for me.

jeremy.king
Dec 15, 2006, 02:22 PM
i baasically need the ascii code that would print a square for me.

http://www.asciitable.com/

See the extended section

Quboid
Dec 15, 2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys!!!!, hey, is it even possible to use the gotoxy operator and gechar, gethe etc in Xcode?, the absence of the conio.h library is killing me. I tried curses.h but it still wont work. Any help?, i really need it this time.

jeremy.king
Dec 15, 2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys!!!!, hey, is it even possible to use the gotoxy operator and gechar, gethe etc in Xcode?, the absence of the conio.h library is killing me. I tried curses.h but it still wont work. Any help?, i really need it this time.

I thought OS X uses ncurses?

Quboid
Dec 15, 2006, 03:33 PM
I thought OS X uses ncurses?

ncurses?, I am not sure. But does it allow one to use GOTOXY?

fimac
Dec 16, 2006, 05:23 AM
ncurses?, I am not sure. But does it allow one to use GOTOXY?

In terminal (or, if you prefer, google): man ncurses

Functions that move the cursor include the word "move" or are prefixed with the letters "mv". Conio gotoxy(x,y) is ncurses move(y,x).

Good luck :)