PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Powerbook v. MBP keyboard?

theprizefight
Dec 17, 2006, 10:15 AM
I was just wondering if there were any differences between the two keyboards, whether it be key size, height, feel, whatever. Do you feel the keypress more in the MBP? Or is it the exact same keyboard? Im speakign specifically of the powerbook g4, and the mbp c2d. Thanks in advance.

Veritas&Equitas
Dec 17, 2006, 10:41 AM
I was just wondering if there were any differences between the two keyboards, whether it be key size, height, feel, whatever. Do you feel the keypress more in the MBP? Or is it the exact same keyboard? Im speakign specifically of the powerbook g4, and the mbp c2d. Thanks in advance.
I've had both the 15'' Powerbook and now have the 15'' MBP, and from what I can tell, they are exactly identical. No difference whatsoever. Same feel, size, shape, etc.

PDE
Dec 17, 2006, 12:03 PM
I've had both the 15'' Powerbook and now have the 15'' MBP, and from what I can tell, they are exactly identical. No difference whatsoever. Same feel, size, shape, etc.

My impression is tha the powerbook G4 keyboard is a little firmer and also has a little more texture on the keys, while the MBP feels slightly mushier and the keys are completely smooth. Not a big difference, but I prefer the powerbook as it doesn't feel as cheap.

They're very close though.