Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umpf69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2003
Hi I have just purchased an iBook from a retail store in the UK and excitedly opened the box. However the smooth lines of the iBook are not so smooth when it comes to the battery. The battery on the right hand edge is neat and flush to the rest of the case but if you look along the front and towards where the lock is situated then the edge seems to come away from the case and be raised you could get your nail in the gap and if you run you hand on the underside then there is a definate difference between battery and case near the lock in hieght.

Is this normal? Am I looking for perfection that is too perfect? Does anyone understand what I mean?

Look forward to your thoughts

Umpf

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2002
houston
well i cant swear to it being normal...but my battery kinda hangs down on my TiBook. its never caused any problems and my battery works just dandy.

you just may be looking for a bit too much perfection here ;)

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
yeah, my powerbook battery doesnt fit "perfectly". you really have to look for it but i have a small gap near the lock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.