Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Six

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I ordered my new ipod the first day I could, and got it on friday.. it's totally awesome except the touch sensitive buttons are hard because i have big fingers, and apparently they're big CLUMSY fingers.

Anywho, i find it kind of weird, occasionally, when i select a song, it goes to the now playing screen, then before it starts playing, it goes back to the main menu, then i have to reselect the song, and then it plays it fine. anyone else having that problem?

I also bought the Belkin FM modulator that they sell on the apple website, im kinda upset about that. the cord got bent once, and it already started to split, and the wires on the inside are showing. receptions not all that great either...

What do you all think of your new pods?!

unc32

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
I had that problem with mine at first. Are you moving it soon after you select the song? Sometimes, mine would skip to the next song. Essentially, what you are doing is casing the machine to skip as it is spinning the harddrive. Instead of the Belkin FM transmitter, check out the iTrip. It is fantastic.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/

But, it isn't out yet for the new models.

Grokgod

macrumors 6502a
new iPods made my day bad!

I select a song and then its doesnt do anything or it goes to menu or it spits at me.

Then I hit a few more times and then it finally plays.

I dont like it!
so yea, i am having the same trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.