PDA

View Full Version : New 15gb, 30gb, or old 20gb?

SoonToGetAMac
May 4, 2003, 07:36 PM
I am selling my 10gb Touchweel iPod soon, as I intend to upgrade. I just ran out of space on it. What do you folks recommend that I get? A New 15gb, 30gb, or an old 20gb that I can get for ~$350? Thanks for your help.:cool:

MacFan25
May 4, 2003, 07:51 PM
How many songs are you thinking of putting on it?

SoonToGetAMac
May 4, 2003, 08:15 PM
I've ripped all of my albums, and there are about 2,500-3,000 songs on it now. I think I will slow down my album buying now, mainly because my iBook only has a 20gb HD, and I want to keep my AACs on the 'Book. I guess that the 15gb is the most logical. I don't feel too comfortable with getting a used iPod, either. I just want to hear some other people's opinions about the ideal size.:)

RLB
May 4, 2003, 08:54 PM
I just got a new 15 gb, and couldn't be happier. If that is not enough go for the 30, the new ones are really slick.

SoonToGetAMac
May 4, 2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I just put my iPod on craigslist.org and I am going to get a new 15gb once I can get the money. Can anyone suggest a fair price for my 'pod? It is in great condition, with everything in box, the bottom part of a Marware C.E.O. case, and an extra firewire cable. I priced it at $250 and I said negotiable. Do you think this is fair?

QCassidy352
May 4, 2003, 11:47 PM
I'd go with the old 20 gig if I were you... you don't have to get it used, you can get one brand new at a much reduced price. Probably for less than a 15 gig, if you look around. 33% more space for the same or less money is always good, IMO. I also think the old ones look *much* nicer, and the better battery life on the last generation is very important to me. Just my $.02.

But if you go with the 15, I hope you enjoy it. Hard to go too wrong with an ipod. :) Your price for the 10 gig sounds about right to me, especially if you are willing to negotiate.

iJon
May 5, 2003, 12:31 AM
well the new dock, bright screen, new os, touch buttons, thinness, and its lighter make me like my 15 more than my 5gb. and it may just be me but my new ipod seems much louder on this ipod, icant even turn the volume up all the way without it hurthing my ears, my old ipod never hurt my ears.

iJon

wsteineker
May 5, 2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by iJon
well the new dock, bright screen, new os, touch buttons, thinness, and its lighter make me like my 15 more than my 5gb. and it may just be me but my new ipod seems much louder on this ipod, icant even turn the volume up all the way without it hurthing my ears, my old ipod never hurt my ears.

iJon

iJon's right. The new iPods are really powerful. The volume that they put out is amazing, and the clarity is exceptional. That, plus all of the new features, makes the 15 GB model the new sweet spot. I love mine. :)

redAPPLE
May 5, 2003, 05:32 AM
anyone care to say, what is wrong with the new 10 gb iPod?

would it be wiser (price-wise) to get the 15 gb, than the 10 gb?

phantommaul
May 5, 2003, 05:59 AM
if the capacity is not a big issue for the 10 and 15 gig users ( 30 gig is a really different league) i would go with the 10 gig model becasue paying an extra for the 5 gig is really meaningless because you are not using the belt clip and the remote ( well i dont use them) you can buy the dock for 40 and i dont think paying 60 for 5 gig is really neccesary if you are short on money :)

think of the first 5 gig models which are sold for 400 $.

now we are in the heaven of 10 gig 300$ iPods go get yours now.

i will when my friend arrives 19th of may :)

iJon
May 5, 2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by redAPPLE
anyone care to say, what is wrong with the new 10 gb iPod?

would it be wiser (price-wise) to get the 15 gb, than the 10 gb?
you get a dock, remote and case and 5 more gb's. the middle is always gonna be the best sellling just because the 30 is an overkill for most and the 10 is a underkill with the lack of extra stuff. but apple has done one really smart things with these, all the ipods are the same, its just the extras between the models.

iJon

SoonToGetAMac
May 5, 2003, 07:39 PM
Okay, as soon as I sell the 10gb touchweel iPod through craigslist.org (unless someone here wants it - email jgoldca@hotmail.com if you want it), I'm going to get the 15gb 'pod. I was going to get it though the Apple Store, but here in CA sales tax is 8.25%, which is like ~$33 extra. Is macconnection.com a good site to get the iPod from?

Eckslusive
May 5, 2003, 11:05 PM
I actually like the look of the old iPods. Cause the new ones look so plasticy and too fake...