Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thumper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Under the Sea
It seems the new ipod is ready to go... but they wont release it
now cuz they want to sell off all the old video ipods...

I hate this marketing approach so i thought id shed some light on
why you should NOT buy an ipod right now...

the new ipod will feature a full screen and touch controls

BUT

Here are some thing you might not know...

-Ultra thin design, as thin as the nano...

HOW???

***iPod will come in 3 versions... 4Gig, 8Gig and 80Gig (the only thick one)

Why only 4 and 8 Gig??? ...

Heres the kicker.........

iPod Supports 2 new things...

-WI-FI
-YOUTUBE/Goggle Video

*can save videos to your ipod

ToastMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Pfft. There's been hundreds of threads on this exact same topic, all saying "don't buy an iPod now" because the next generation "true video iPod" is coming out next month, or next week, or whenever.

The best advice I've heard is "if you need an iPod now, buy one now." Regardless, I see no real reason to take this post seriously.

Sources? Meh, who needs them these days, unless of course one of yours is "Goggle Video."

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Yeah, you're full of it...I don't listen to anyone who says they know when the new iPod is coming out when they can't say iPod instead of ipod. Not to mention, you're recyclling the same bullsh*t that has been going around for almost a year.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
I am laughing at my vain attempt to figure out how I can need an iPod. I really really really want a video enabled pod but can't find a need. Major bummer for me.

mufflon

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2006
oh wow I'm so inspired now, great stuff, just one question...

... what brand is you tinfoil hat? Sounds great for trolling and bringing other relatively *important* stuff to your brethren on MR.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
It seems the new ipod is ready to go... but they wont release it
now cuz they want to sell off all the old video ipods...

I hate this marketing approach so i thought id shed some light on
why you should NOT buy an ipod right now...

the new ipod will feature a full screen and touch controls

BUT

Here are some thing you might not know...

-Ultra thin design, as thin as the nano...

HOW???

***iPod will come in 3 versions... 4Gig, 8Gig and 80Gig (the only thick one)

Why only 4 and 8 Gig??? ...

Heres the kicker.........

iPod Supports 2 new things...

-WI-FI
-YOUTUBE/Goggle Video

*can save videos to your ipod

***EXCLUSIVE***

Apple Might Release New iPod Sometime After Christmas Shocker!

The technology world was shocked today as dismayed consumers were informed that Apple are not planning to keep the current iPod model for the rest of eternity and may at some point after Christmas upgrade the current model. This decision to upgrade consumer electronics as new technologies become cheaper and easier to incorporate into existing models is so far unprecendented in this industry.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs when questioned about the decision stated that he thought that "They [the customers] go out and buy new things that we release. It's crazy. I don't know why the rest of the industy hasn't had the idea of releasing upgraded versions of existing product lines before." Immediately after he drowned a puppy.

:rolleyes:

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
FleurDuMal, I officially bestow upon you my Official Recognition of Awesomeness Award (patent-pending).

That was legen—I hope you're not lactose intolerant—DARY.

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Goggle Video

This one I am really looking forward to. I assume this means I can plug my glasses staright into the iPod?

Do you know if I have to get a special dock connector for this?

This is just awesome news...

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
This one I am really looking forward to. I assume this means I can plug my glasses staright into the iPod?

Do you know if I have to get a special dock connector for this?

This is just awesome news...

Don't get your hopes up. According to my sources, "ZE GOGGLEZ! ZEY DO NOTHING!" :eek:

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
Okay, now that all the smarmy is (hopefully) out of our system, how about a discussion of the ideas presented? Whether they're made up or not isn't exactly relevent.

iPod line consolodation sounsd interesting. The original iPod was only 5 gigs, so the top end at 8 seems reasonable. And the 80 gig iPodpro for those serious users. But then you'd lose video on the low end.

Of course, Steve never really was keen on video anyway, so he might just move it upmarket. And really, why should there be both a 40 and 80 gig? If you want your whole collection, just get the bigger iPod. It's classic Steve - if you want a monitor with your Mac, buy an iMac. Very few compromises.

I just want to see the touch-bezel in action on a new fullscreen iPod.

:)

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Don't get your hopes up. According to my sources, "ZE GOGGLEZ! ZEY DO NOTHING!" :eek:

You can't be right surely. Just who are your sources and why on earth should I believe you rather than the other fellow? I want my Goggle Videos and I want them now!

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
In my experience, the best way to coax a major upgrade release is to buy the existing model. I did my part this past spring, and bought a 5.0G video iPod. Hey, at least it can play Pac-man.

Obsolete me, baby!

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Yeah but here is my question, what if you want an iPod, now? Or you want to give one to someone for Christmas? Are you just a pawn in Apple's master plan? No, you are consumer buying an exceptional product and if you are giving it to someone you are taking part in the spirit of the season, so what?

<sarcasm>I hate all those stores that sell Christmas decorations at full price and the day after Christmas mark them down by 50%. They are taking you to the cleaners.</sarcasm>

By the way, it is Christmas not xmas.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Yes, and it's a tech board, not a Jesus board.

Uh oh, militant athiest inbound! PUT ON YOUR FLAME RETARDANT SUITS! :eek:

Even when I was a rebellious teen who OMG HAETS RELIGIONS, I spelled "Christmas" correctly, not because I believed in the holiday but because I respect the correct spelling of words. :mad:

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
That's true, I apologize with respect to Christians. But what does Christianity have to do with shopping? "Xmas" is an acceptable abbreviation for incorporating all belief (and non-beliefs) during the year-end season.

ipodhelp

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2006
Should I get an Ipod Video now or what for the next newest thing? And what are rumors of then next coming things? Please, I need help badly.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
If the current models fulfill your current needs, then go for it. If you primarily want it for music, and portable disk space, buy it now. I watched the entire Firefly series (ripped from my DVD set), as well as the complete British Office serires (same) on the subway with my 5.0G model. It wasn't too bad at all. Playing the waiting game is just plain nuts, unless you already have a music player to get you by.

If, however mobile movie watching is Important (with a capital "I"), then wait. In that case you'd be regretting it in the next six months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.