Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZballZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
So I have a couple of thousands images like most people. I have until recently used PC, and with a photo-organizer added comments to most of my pictures....

Now I've converted to Mac, and importing all of my pictures to iPhoto was fine, except all of my comments were gone - obviously. But before starting to type it in all over again, I was wondering if there was any way to lock the txt-comments directly to the image file? So if I change software, or go back to pc, or whatever, some day, the comments would always follow the image ... possible??

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I was wondering if there was any way to lock the txt-comments directly to the image file? So if I change software, or go back to pc, or whatever, some day, the comments would always follow the image ... possible??

What you are asking, I think, is if there is an industry standard way to add comments and/or keywords to image files.

The trouble with standards however is that there are so many of them. "XMP" is one that is made exactly to solve the problem you describe http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/ Apple Aperture can read and write XMP as can Adobe products

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.