PDA

View Full Version : New Shuffle- Any Good?

needthephone
Dec 20, 2006, 04:07 AM
I am almost at the point of buying my first ipod and it will probaly be the shuffle.

I have nokia 6280 which I vainly try to use as an mp3 player, ( only use it when I go running ). I feed it with itunes, it has no playlist capability and I just play it on random mode. Thing is after about 10 minutes the sound fades and it starts skippping so it just plays the first few seconds of every track. . Its terrible and I have alrerady had a new phone from 3, this one was suppose to work. I will never get a nokia again.

Anyway, I need something when I'm running and the shuffle looks perfect- is it any good?

I'm fed up with stuff which doesn't work...

MacPanda
Dec 20, 2006, 04:40 AM
Ah i can highly recommend the new shuffle - i have one myself and it is great for when i do running - just clip it onto your shirt and press play - you can shuffle the songs or listen to them one by one - but if you want a screen or more control just go for an ipod nano - but i can wholey recommend the new shuffle - it is the coolest smallest ipod around and it is so tiny. Sound quality is great too. Try them out at your local apple retail store.

Macpanda

mfacey
Dec 20, 2006, 07:21 AM
I second that. The shuffle is great. I've had mine since the launch and I actually find myself using it more than my regular ipod because its just so small!:)

needthephone
Dec 21, 2006, 01:52 AM
I have one - well my wife brought it as a Christmas present. They are virtually sold out in Sydney, only a lot of ringing around secured one. The guy in JB Hifi said they have been the most popular ipod so far and are flying off the shelves.

I have mine, or will soon have:)

Max Payne
Dec 21, 2006, 02:11 AM
Buying an iPod never crossed my mind, but when I saw the size of this I bought it directly. It is good, but I can't really compare it since I never owned an MP3 player before. Definitely better than Nokia N80 mobile phone. :D

needthephone
Dec 21, 2006, 07:05 AM
My wife said when she brought it there was another guy waiting around to be served and he also wanted a shuffle-they are rare as hens teeth now in Sydney but fortunately the store had two left..

Yvan256
Dec 21, 2006, 09:00 AM
I have a 3rd gen. 10GB iPod. When the first shuffle came out, I bought one. The interface is easier to use (i.e. don't even have to look at it) and I found myself using it at home, keeping the 10GB for the car.

When the 1st gen. iPod nano came out, I bought a 4GB, thinking "it's small enough to fit in my shirt pocket, it can replace my shuffle at home".

Well, it doesn't. Sure, the clickwheel is extremely easy to use, but the volume control is another story through a shirt pocket fabric.

Long story short, I now have a 10GB iPod for the car, a 2nd gen. iPod shuffle for home, and a 1st gen. 4GB iPod nano... which I don't really use anymore.

I'm thinking about selling my old 10GB and use the 4GB nano in my car. After all, it has no hard disk, which is better with the roads we have in Quebec. But the 2nd gen. iPod shuffle? That's going to be a "classic" and I'm never going to sell that one.

Go for it, it's an incredible player. If Apple ever comes out with a smaller iPod, I don't think I'd even be able to use it, and the difference in size/weight would not be noticable, except maybe on a high-end electronic balance. :D

siurpeeman
Dec 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
i have a 2g shuffle. at $80, it's perfectly priced for an impulse buy, which it was. but no regrets and absolutely loving it. i'll be good for your running and exercise.

digger1914
Dec 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
My wife said when she brought it there was another guy waiting around to be served and he also wanted a shuffle-they are rare as hens teeth now in Sydney but fortunately the store had two left..

Yeah, I've noticed a complete lack of them on any shelf in Sydney. I got mine on release, and it's great

phantomsd
Dec 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
Picked up two yesterday as xmas gifts for my younger siblings. The Apple Store was packed. Waited in the express line which was pretty long. They had a good amount of iPods on hand (Orange County/South Coast Plaza store)

siurpeeman
Dec 21, 2006, 04:43 PM
Picked up two yesterday as xmas gifts for my younger siblings. The Apple Store was packed. Waited in the express line which was pretty long. They had a good amount of iPods on hand (Orange County/South Coast Plaza store)

i got jaguar from that store. :)

MAcNIAC
Dec 21, 2006, 05:25 PM
I love my G2 shuffle, I use it for running and in the gym - it's size and clip make it perfect for this use. I just bought a second one for a Xmas present for my wife.

Grey Beard
Dec 21, 2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'll follow everyone else with fully supporting the G2 Shuffle. I'd preordered mine in NZ and I love the little thing. So much so, that I now have a Griffin iTrip Universal on order for when they arrive in the country. Then the playlist will be FM'd to the audio in my Audi.
Don't think about it, just do it.

KGB

needthephone
Dec 22, 2006, 02:17 AM
I can't wait to use it but father Christmas has it and won't give it to me until Monday..

It seems to be the must have pressie this year, they are being snapped out and most of Sydney is now sold out of them. If it's like this all over the World they must have sold squillions off them

I like the idea of it being small and simple. The clip will be just perfect when i'm running. I don't think my nokia phone could take the vibration as it gave up after 10 or so mins ad it was so heavy it kept on trying to jump out of my pocket.

Mr B
Dec 22, 2006, 12:34 PM
I also vote for the shuffle. I bought one so i could stop stealing my wife's ipod video, of course now she's trying to steal my shuffle....