PDA

View Full Version : Tracks in wrong order on iPod

exoriare
Dec 20, 2006, 05:21 AM
I have a number of MP3 files from various sources (i.e. not ripped from a single CD) but which I have put together on iTunes so they form a single album. Because I've edited the tags using iTunes I can get them in the right order when using them on my computer, but on my iPod the tracks come up in the wrong order.

I've renamed the original files to set the correct running order but I guess there is some hidden tagging somewhere that is governing the iPod order but which iTunes can't get at.

I'm a bit of a tagging Newbie - anyone help me out here please? Not the biggest of all problems, but it irritating.

bozigle
Dec 20, 2006, 05:30 AM
you can create a playlist with your music in the right order (check that your tracks are sorted via the number... most left colum) and when you synchronize your ipod you can tick the new play list.

bozigle

exoriare
Dec 20, 2006, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried this already and yes it works OK. But I was hoping to find a solution that didn't involve using a playlist but rather makes the files come up in the right order at 'base' level on the iPod.