PDA

View Full Version : iPod & Genius Bar

timnosenzo
Dec 20, 2006, 07:57 AM
I've had my iPod for a little over a week, and I just noticed that there are little marks (like dots) on the screen. I imagine that it must have come this way, because its basically brand new. I've tried wiping the screen with a soft cloth to see if they'll come off and no luck--I don't want to try cleaning it too much for fear of making it worse.

I've made an appointment at the local Apple store to have them take a look at it. Do you think they'll do anything about it? I bought it from an authorized reseller, but not from Apple directly. Should I bring all the original packaging & receipt? Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Tim

pianoman
Dec 20, 2006, 08:10 AM
i'd take it with the original packaging, but i don't think that matters (it's just what i would do). i think Apple can see where you bought it from by typing in the serial number (which they always do), so that doesn't matter.

when my friend had an issue with an iPod he bought at BestBuy, the guys at the Genius Bar replaced it for him without question.

technicolor
Dec 20, 2006, 08:41 AM
you dont need to bring a receipt or the packaging.

its an apple made product, that is all that matters.

pianoman
Dec 20, 2006, 09:21 AM
its an apple made product, that is all that matters.

not necessarily. i've heard of instances where they'll fix it but they won't replace it because it wasn't purchased at the store. my example was one of many where the outcomes differ depending on who you get, how nice you are, and how good a mood they're in.

technicolor
Dec 20, 2006, 09:26 AM
not necessarily. i've heard of instances where they'll fix it but they won't replace it because it wasn't purchased at the store. my example was one of many where the outcomes differ depending on who you get, how nice you are, and how good a mood they're in.

its not supposed to matter, especially if its under warranty

timnosenzo
Dec 20, 2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the replies all.

I guess I'll try to bring it in with the box and everything just in case... and of course be polite :D