PDA

View Full Version : Do 1st gen and 2nd gen nanos use the same case?

VoodooDaddy
Dec 21, 2006, 06:46 AM
I bought a couple of 1 gen nano refurbs and need to get cases. I know all ipods need a size/gen specific case, but are the 1gen and 2gen nanos any different size/feature location?

I should have left the plastic on mine but stupid me peeled it off the back. I did leave it on the face. AFTER peeling it about halfway off I realized maybe I better not do that. So I laid it back down but its got bubbles in it.

Anywho...same case or do I have to look for 1 gen specific cases?

redeye be
Dec 21, 2006, 04:00 PM
They are slightly different.
The dock connector has moved a few hairs.
Most cases will fit, only connecting it might be a problem.

pianoman
Dec 21, 2006, 04:39 PM
i don't exactly understand the first post, but i can tell you the 2nd generation iPod nanos are different sizes from the 1st generation nanos. you should get a case designed specifically for your iPod model.

Queso
Dec 21, 2006, 04:53 PM
I should have left the plastic on mine but stupid me peeled it off the back. I did leave it on the face. AFTER peeling it about halfway off I realized maybe I better not do that. So I laid it back down but its got bubbles in it.
My 2G nano has been carried around caseless in my pocket since I bought it, and so far the screen hasn't scratched once. It looks as if the screen is made of tougher stuff than on the 1G.

VoodooDaddy
Dec 21, 2006, 10:44 PM
i don't exactly understand the first post, but i can tell you the 2nd generation iPod nanos are different sizes from the 1st generation nanos. you should get a case designed specifically for your iPod model.

Whats not to understand? I bought (2) 1st gen nanos from the refurb store. Im looking to get a case but all I see at the stores say "fits 2nd gen nano." I was wondering if the 1st and 2nd gen nano are essentially the same exact dimensions, so could I use a 2nd gen nano case for a 1st gen nano.

Apparently not.

devilot
Dec 21, 2006, 10:54 PM
The 2nd gen Nanos are slightly slimmer, so no, a 2nd gen Nano case would most likely not fit and be too snug for the 1st gen Nanos.

pianoman
Dec 21, 2006, 11:08 PM
Whats not to understand?

i didn't understand what was meant by the plastic peeling off:

this is not a particularly well-written paragraph, IMO. i had difficulty understanding it and had to read it a few times to grasp the meaning.

in any case, to reiterate my earlier post, the cases for the 1G and 2G nanos are different because those generations of nanos are of different sizes and shapes.

VoodooDaddy
Dec 21, 2006, 11:32 PM
i didn't understand what was meant by the plastic peeling off:

this is not a particularly well-written paragraph, IMO. i had difficulty understanding it and had to read it a few times to grasp the meaning.

in any case, to reiterate my earlier post, the cases for the 1G and 2G nanos are different because those generations of nanos are of different sizes and shapes.

Well Im sorry, Im not an english professor.

You know the plastic sleeve an ipod is wrapped in when you first open it? I peeled the plastic off the back of the nano. Then I began to peel the plastic off the face of the nano, but I realized about halfway into that I should leave it on until I get a case for it. So I laid the plastic back down over the face, tried to smooth it out, but there are bubbles under it.

To sum up, I cant use a 2gen case for a 1gen nano. Question answered. Thread closed.