Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
I'm surprised not to have heard anything on this given that macbooks have already adopted it. Any one heard any rumors?

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I'm surprised not to have heard anything on this given that macbooks have already adopted it. Any one heard any rumors?

yeah, it's pending release on the next Tuesday, the day after Christmas :rolleyes:

Maxwell Smart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Heh, I doubt the Mini will be updated very soon. After all, they just updated it fairly recently ago and because its a lowend consumer model it doesn't NEED C2D at all.

ready2switch

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2006
Yes, but the Mac Mini doesn't have problems with heat. Also, the Macbook has never been under the $1,000 line.

I think Apple would be better to drop the mini back to "Under $500" rather than give it the C2D. It's all about marketing :D

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yeah, right now the only Mini that costs less than 499 is a Core Solo 1.5ghz from the refurbished store.

The "keep it real" part of me feels it necessary to just say that, whatever the possibility of the C2D landing in the Mini in the near future, it is far, far higher than the chance that Apple will push the Mini price down below five bills. They just don't have a lot of motivation to do that, especially considering how robust their sales are with their current premium pricing.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
The "keep it real" part of me feels it necessary to just say that, whatever the possibility of the C2D landing in the Mini in the near future, it is far, far higher than the chance that Apple will push the Mini price down below five bills. They just don't have a lot of motivation to do that, especially considering how robust their sales are with their current premium pricing.

Yes, but one can't help but dream.

At least with the rapid upgrade cycles the refurbished store is always well stocked with outdated but nonetheless still good macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.