View Full Version : Should I buy an 80 gig Ipod now?

Dec 22, 2006, 02:18 PM
Should I buy now or wait? I'm out of the loop for product release schedules, anyone think they know when the next 6th gen will be released? Basically I want to buy now or if one is coming out within a month or two I'll wait. Thanks

mad jew
Dec 22, 2006, 08:41 PM
What do you want from your iPod? Would the current iPod satisfy those wants? :)

Dec 22, 2006, 08:45 PM
Wait for the new one mate, its gonna be better then ever and you will kik yourself for not waiting.:)

Dec 22, 2006, 09:14 PM
MacWorld is on the 8th of Jan. I doubt there will be a new iPod released there, but its only two weeks away at this point so you might as well wait and see what happens. If nothing is released, go ahead and get the 80 gig iPod, it's still a great device or get a shuffle to hold you over until the real deal comes out (probably mid 2007-ish is my guess).

bit density
Dec 22, 2006, 10:10 PM
The key is the "or two"...

There will be a spring release, this is a product item that requires ever more hype. The 100 GB model is almost gauranteed for spring release where capacity bumps are the most reasonable. The only other thing that may be interesting is a "red" version.

I would expect more forms and functionality to start appearing for graduation, with something special/must have coming in the fall for Christmas.

So what do you think next years I pod looks like? WiFi? Edge? GSM? GPS? Widescreen? Aluminum? Red?

Dec 22, 2006, 10:15 PM
Basically I want to buy now or if one is coming out within a month or two I'll wait. Thanks

you should wait, unless the current model is what need, the newest ipod should be out by the end of January.

d wade
Dec 23, 2006, 01:46 PM
what are the new ones gonna be able to do so different than the current video iPods?

(besides more space)