PDA

View Full Version : Compatible RAM on a 12" 1.5ghz Powerbook

Pathetique
Dec 22, 2006, 02:49 PM
I was just curious if the PC2700 333 was the only compatible ram stick on my powerbook. I have a source of cheap ram, so I'm not worried if it'd be more expensive if purchased at retail. Thanks in advance!

killmoms
Dec 22, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yes, that is the only compatible type. I'd also strongly encourage you to avoid "cheaping out" on RAM. Apple machines are notoriously picky about RAM. Choose something from a first-tier manufacturer. I bought cheaper RAM for my PowerBook and it ended up making the machine horridly unstable. I returned it for a refund and bought the slightly more expensive Samsung RAM which has been perfect to this day.

Moral of the story? Treat your PowerBook right and it'll treat you right.

Pathetique
Dec 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
Yes, that is the only compatible type. I'd also strongly encourage you to avoid "cheaping out" on RAM. Apple machines are notoriously picky about RAM. Choose something from a first-tier manufacturer. I bought cheaper RAM for my PowerBook and it ended up making the machine horridly unstable. I returned it for a refund and bought the slightly more expensive Samsung RAM which has been perfect to this day.

haha... let's just say i work for a certain computer company...

iW00t
Dec 22, 2006, 03:05 PM
haha... let's just say i work for a certain computer company...

Dull? :rolleyes:

iW00t
Dec 22, 2006, 03:07 PM

Where do you buy Samsung modules?

I notice that for my 2.33ghz C2D MBP Apple used Samsung modules, but I have never encountered these in shops before. Do they sell their modules through retailers?

Pathetique
Dec 22, 2006, 03:17 PM
Dull? :rolleyes:

If only I were that lucky

killmoms
Dec 22, 2006, 03:25 PM
Where do you buy Samsung modules?

I notice that for my 2.33ghz C2D MBP Apple used Samsung modules, but I have never encountered these in shops before. Do they sell their modules through retailers?

Not retailers I don't think. I bought my 1GB Samsung PC2700 stick for my PowerBook from an online store, OEM. I think Samsung only sells OEM RAM, so.