Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onqun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
Hey guys,

Last couple of days I have problem with my friend's ipod and my iTunes.I am starting with my friend's ipod.He wasn't using his computer until 3 days ago ,and he came to me and I synced my sonhs to his ipod( 30g ) ,then he has songs his compter ,and he started to use his computer. By the way, my operation system is Mac Osx his operation system is Xp. then he plugged his ipod to his computer and his all songs gone he put his songs to the ipod. then he came to me with his ipod. First of all , I plugged his ipod to my computer and I opened Tune Tools, which I coppied his songs from his ipod to my computer ,and that program automaticly imported songs to my itunes library. We are cool now ,but when I tried to restore the ipod It gave us an error that I dont remember now. After that error when he opens his ipod we are just seeing console . I mean on a white page those links showed up: reset hdd and etc. Before that there was an apple's symbol on the ipod dark screen and light apple. Well, what is the problem now?

And my second question.At the same day, when he left our house. I plugged my ipod to my computer ,and I tried to sync my iPod (80g). An error showed up "Attempting to copy to the disk " Person "'s iPOD Failed.The disk could not be read from or written to." what is that? And i tried to delete couple of song that I belive caused to that interruption. I believe that because it inttertting after certain songs. wel I did erased that but it stills shows up that error. funny thing I can listen those songs I just cant put them to my ipod.

PS: Those song which i tried to put to my ipod havent from my friend's iPod (Tune tools)

Thank you.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I also really am not sure I understand what you're talking about. :eek: :( But, it sounds like his iPod might have acquired a formatting logical error at some point. Can you use Disk Utility (one of you has a Mac, yes?) or some Windows equivalent to make sure the iPod HD format is okay? You may need to reformat it and reinstall the software on it.

onqun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
thank you I will try tomorrow. but the weird thing is the last time we plugged his ipod to my computer. my computer didnt see that.( mine is mac.)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
thank you I will try tomorrow. but the weird thing is the last time we plugged his ipod to my computer. my computer didnt see that.( mine is mac.)

It may be visible in Disk Utility even when it is not visible in Finder or in iTunes... I'm not sure my experiences having to do this with my iPod apply because I'm not sure what works on USB iPods, but... here it is.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Just talking about the downloaded songs here-- i downloaded songs from my itunes to my husbands new ipod, that went well,, a couple of days later I tried to download songs from his itunes and it erased the songs from my itunes (that I put on his ipod) and put songs from his itunes onto his ipod.

Could that be the same thing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.