PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a site to download music

TLS
Mar 2, 2002, 01:01 PM
:confused:
Hi, I'm looking for a good site to use for downloading music. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,

TLS

cleo
Mar 2, 2002, 01:04 PM
I use Limewire

eyelikeart
Mar 2, 2002, 01:09 PM
I'm still using Limewire....

but trying to get used to Sputnix since I've heard such good things about it....arn endorses it ;)

Beej
Mar 2, 2002, 04:07 PM
AudioGalalaxy is the best. You have to go to www.audiogalaxy.com and register (it's quick and easy).

Then download Sputnix from http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=12637&db=mac (it's OS X, there are others though, search at www.versiontracker.com for "audio galaxy")

Then launch Sputnix, go to audiogalaxy in your browser, search for the songs you want, and Sputnix downloads them for you.

It's a bit long winded to get set up, but once it works, it r0X0rz!

Hemingray
Mar 2, 2002, 07:51 PM
Don't steal music. :D

Beej
Mar 2, 2002, 08:00 PM
All of my MP3s are on permanent loan from their respective copyright holders.

mac15
Mar 2, 2002, 08:22 PM
all of mine are ripped off

Tommy!
Mar 2, 2002, 09:10 PM
funnily enough, apple warns not to steal music, yet they make the hardware that makes stolen media most enjoyable :)

irmongoose
Mar 2, 2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tommy!
funnily enough, apple warns not to steal music, yet they make the hardware that makes stolen media most enjoyable :)

right on!

irmongoose

krossfyter
Mar 2, 2002, 11:41 PM
if you sell it its illegal.....! no?

arn
Mar 3, 2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
if you sell it its illegal.....! no?

despite the common misconception that it's only illegal to sell copies...

it is in fact illegal to break copyright _regardless_ of whether you sell it or not.

(note: there is a "fair use" exception - which lets you make mixes and personal copies for yourself)

arn