PDA

View Full Version : Could someone help me with an ipod error?

Zedsdead185
Dec 25, 2006, 01:49 PM
Hi,
This week my new iMac arrived. I transferred my itunes library off of my pc to my mac using senuti. I then reformatted my ipod to use on a mac and copied my music onto it. But nw when ever I try to update it i get this error:(

Could someone please help me. I have no idead what to do. I've looked through the apple support site, done the 'r's and also used senuti for a second time.

I hope it's not a had ware problem cos my ipod warranty only ran out a month ago.

iSaint
Dec 25, 2006, 01:59 PM
Does your iMac try to set up your iPod as a new piece of hardware? Also, what version of iTunes are you running? Also, you transferred your music from your PC to your iMac, or from your iPod to your iMac?

Zedsdead185
Dec 25, 2006, 02:11 PM
Does your iMac try to set up your iPod as a new piece of hardware?

No, it recognises it as an ipod, is just about to sync, then shows the error

Also, what version of iTunes are you running?

The latest, 7.0.2. Also have the latest ipod driver

Also, you transferred your music from your PC to your iMac, or from your iPod to your iMac?

I used a program called senutti which copies the songs and their tags from the pc formatted ipod into itunes on the mac.

polevault139
Dec 25, 2006, 03:38 PM
error -48 dupFNErr: duplicate filename (rename)

It sounds like there are duplicated file names.

Nermal
Dec 25, 2006, 03:40 PM
If all your music is sitting in iTunes, then I'd Restore the iPod again and see whether it fixes it.

If that doesn't work, create a new user account and try to synch a library containing just one or two songs.

Zedsdead185
Dec 26, 2006, 06:44 AM
I've finally found something to do with it on the apple support page.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301267

from what I can gather this means that either senuti did a botch job and messed up my music files. Or that my ipod hard drive is damaged:( .

I've found a different way of transferring music now anyway so I'll give that a go. If the error continues to appear then I know that i may need a new ipod.

If this has happened to anyone before, then could you please help me out? I'm feeling rather helpless about it

Zedsdead185
Dec 26, 2006, 08:31 AM
oh dear. I've copied the library perfectly onto my mac, this time using intstructions given by the apple website rather than using senuti. At first I thought it had worked. I had restored my ipod again and all the items succesfully synced. after ejecting and ripping an album i got for christmas onto itunes I went to sync my ipod again and, alas, it is showing the exact same error again!
But this time I also got another message shortly after. I didn't manage to screen grab it, but it said that my ipod is synced with another library and to use it it must be restored. Does this mean my ipod is nearing the end of its short lived life? :confused: :( Please help!

wibbs
Dec 26, 2006, 04:03 PM
ive restored mine then resync it and it seems to be fine other than artwork being jumbled around ,this is exactly what ive been gettingoh dear. I've copied the library perfectly onto my mac, this time using intstructions given by the apple website rather than using senuti. At first I thought it had worked. I had restored my ipod again and all the items succesfully synced. after ejecting and ripping an album i got for christmas onto itunes I went to sync my ipod again and, alas, it is showing the exact same error again!
But this time I also got another message shortly after. I didn't manage to screen grab it, but it said that my ipod is synced with another library and to use it it must be restored. Does this mean my ipod is nearing the end of its short lived life? :confused: :( Please help!

AppleMatt
Dec 26, 2006, 04:29 PM
There's a thread about -48 errors at the top of the iPod/iTunes forum. How could you miss it?

Go find, and you'll have your answer.

AppleMatt