Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brobson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Dallas
Just got a Midi controller pad for my son for Christmas.
It won't work on his intel mac mini! It says it will work for OS X or OS 9 but when we tried to install it, it said only os 9. So we tried to install OS 9.2.9 but it said we needed OS 9 because this was an update. So I did a search to find OS 9 and it said it wouldn't work w/ intel.

Are we just out of options?

I thought of installing bootcamp which we will because it works for windows but his music is on garage band and that's what he wants to use the controller pad for, making beats.

Having said all that, if I have to return the Akai, is there one someone recommends as a replacement that WILL work with Mac OS X?

Thanks
Brenda

rogerrj

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2006
You just need to get the latest driver from Akai -http://www.akaipro.com/supportos.php#MPD16.

It works fine with Mac Intel.

Just got a Midi controller pad for my son for Christmas.
It won't work on his intel mac mini! It says it will work for OS X or OS 9 but when we tried to install it, it said only os 9. So we tried to install OS 9.2.9 but it said we needed OS 9 because this was an update. So I did a search to find OS 9 and it said it wouldn't work w/ intel.

Are we just out of options?

I thought of installing bootcamp which we will because it works for windows but his music is on garage band and that's what he wants to use the controller pad for, making beats.

Having said all that, if I have to return the Akai, is there one someone recommends as a replacement that WILL work with Mac OS X?

Thanks
Brenda

Lobes74

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2010
Mpd 16 software update

This was my response from Akai, about not having the software work
for my mac osx 10.5

"At this time the MPD16 is not Mac Leopard/Snow Leopard compatible. Since this is a discontinued product I do not foresee an update for this."

Does this mean my mpd 16 is useless to me and computar? Its a real bummer if so. If anyone knows how i could possible get this to work i'd
greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

M

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
It has a MIDI output. MIDI is a universal standard and has nothing to do with OS or what computer you have. Just connect the Midi to the computer using a MIDI/USB cable or maybe you have a keyboard that can do a pass though. Either way just take the data out of the standard MIDI port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.