PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!!

dhdave
May 6, 2003, 11:53 PM
I haven't posted since last fall when I was positive I would be buying a dp 867 powermac. Needless to say I didn't and I have been too depressed to post. Anyway, this morning I went and purchased a 15" iMac for my son's birthday (later today) and I must say I am impressed. I've been following the improvents (jaguar for instance), but it's not until I tried it that I really realize what I have been missing.

For only 800mhz with sdram this little guy is fast. I haven't done much more than browse yet, but still.

I bought a mustang last fall when it began to look as if my wife and I were getting a divorce. Now I wish I hadn't. Come late June/early July there will be a new powermac on my desk with a 20" display (or maybe dual 17's!!) 970 or no 970.

-dh

tazo
May 6, 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dhdave
I haven't posted since last fall when I was positive I would be buying a dp 867 powermac. Needless to say I didn't and I have been too depressed to post. Anyway, this morning I went and purchased a 15" iMac for my son's birthday (later today) and I must say I am impressed. I've been following the improvents (jaguar for instance), but it's not until I tried it that I really realize what I have been missing.

For only 800mhz with sdram this little guy is fast. I haven't done much more than browse yet, but still.

I bought a mustang last fall when it began to look as if my wife and I were getting a divorce. Now I wish I hadn't. Come late June/early July there will be a new powermac on my desk with a 20" display (or maybe dual 17's!!) 970 or no 970.

-dh For buying a computer for your son it sure seems like you are using it a lot. lol. jk. congrats on the new mac bud :D

dhdave
May 7, 2003, 12:31 AM
I know it's terrible. After all this waiting I just had to try it. Besides I bought more memory for it and had to put it in. And he's going to see it in the morning all set up with a bow on it. The fact that Dad played with it half the night shouldn't detract from it at all. LOL

I did buy myself a 15GB iPod this morning and even with windows it is pretty slick. I can't wait to use it on my own mac though.

-dh

voicegy
May 7, 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by dhdave
I bought a mustang last fall when it began to look as if my wife and I were getting a divorce. Now I wish I hadn't.

So you have the 'stang AND you got through the sticky period with the wife and you're still together? Hey, sounds like you did ok to me!

beatle888
May 7, 2003, 12:58 AM
dhdave, i love the sig. :cool:

dhdave
May 7, 2003, 01:07 AM
Wife and I: DIVORCED. But believe me it's a good thing. Went on far too long. Fiance' is in the picture. (the woman I was completely in love with before I met my now ex-wife) All set for a wedding early next year and she's all for me getting a Mac (yay!) and keeping my '73. To top it off I have custody of the kids. I have no complaints. As for my sig, I can only take credit for stealing it off the internet. (And for finding it very apt and very relevant to use here, I suppose ;) )