Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
I haven't posted since last fall when I was positive I would be buying a dp 867 powermac. Needless to say I didn't and I have been too depressed to post. Anyway, this morning I went and purchased a 15" iMac for my son's birthday (later today) and I must say I am impressed. I've been following the improvents (jaguar for instance), but it's not until I tried it that I really realize what I have been missing.

For only 800mhz with sdram this little guy is fast. I haven't done much more than browse yet, but still.

I bought a mustang last fall when it began to look as if my wife and I were getting a divorce. Now I wish I hadn't. Come late June/early July there will be a new powermac on my desk with a 20" display (or maybe dual 17's!!) 970 or no 970.

-dh

tazo

macrumors 68040
Re: Finally!!!!

Originally posted by dhdave
I haven't posted since last fall when I was positive I would be buying a dp 867 powermac. Needless to say I didn't and I have been too depressed to post. Anyway, this morning I went and purchased a 15" iMac for my son's birthday (later today) and I must say I am impressed. I've been following the improvents (jaguar for instance), but it's not until I tried it that I really realize what I have been missing.

For only 800mhz with sdram this little guy is fast. I haven't done much more than browse yet, but still.

I bought a mustang last fall when it began to look as if my wife and I were getting a divorce. Now I wish I hadn't. Come late June/early July there will be a new powermac on my desk with a 20" display (or maybe dual 17's!!) 970 or no 970.

-dh
For buying a computer for your son it sure seems like you are using it a lot. lol. jk. congrats on the new mac bud :D

dhdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
I know it's terrible. After all this waiting I just had to try it. Besides I bought more memory for it and had to put it in. And he's going to see it in the morning all set up with a bow on it. The fact that Dad played with it half the night shouldn't detract from it at all. LOL

I did buy myself a 15GB iPod this morning and even with windows it is pretty slick. I can't wait to use it on my own mac though.

-dh

dhdave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
Wife and I: DIVORCED. But believe me it's a good thing. Went on far too long. Fiance' is in the picture. (the woman I was completely in love with before I met my now ex-wife) All set for a wedding early next year and she's all for me getting a Mac (yay!) and keeping my '73. To top it off I have custody of the kids. I have no complaints. As for my sig, I can only take credit for stealing it off the internet. (And for finding it very apt and very relevant to use here, I suppose ;) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.