PDA

View Full Version : 40gb iPod this year?

nodmonkey
May 7, 2003, 09:16 AM
After the huge build-up and wait for the new iPods, I was very disappointed to find no 40Gb capacity model. 40Gb is the minimum size I need to give the iPod a worthwhile length of use (for me).

So, anybody else waiting for this size (or greater) and is it reasonable to expect larger models this year? Weren't there some 40Gb hard-drives announced by the original iPod hard-drive makers earlier this year?

And it would be good for people to refrain from saying how 'nobody needs' a 40Gb or larger iPod - that isn't true! :D

CrackedButter
May 7, 2003, 09:31 AM
Yeah to each his own, 40GB is enough for some people and still not enough for others, thats why Creative has released a nomad with 60GB capacity.

sparks9
May 7, 2003, 09:50 AM
Some people are just never satisfied!!!!!!

vniow
May 8, 2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by sparks9
Some people are just never satisfied!!!!!!

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates.

bertagert
May 8, 2003, 04:45 PM
I really wanted a 40 gig to come out too. However, I'm hopefully getting the 30 gig on saturday (Best Buy sold out last saturday and hasn't had anymore come in yet but said more this saturday).

I have not a clue why a 40 wasn't used but there must have been a good reason. Maybe it does work correctly yet?

Anyway, I see your point because I wanted to use it as a backup as well as a music player. I need 15 gig for music right now and have 7 gig in backup stuff. Having a little more room would have been nice but I think the 30 will hold me till the next round comes out.