Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLuver23

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2001
Notice how now in most movies, TV shows, and even TV commercials, Macs are becoming more seen. In the TV show "Twenty-Four" on Fox 5 they practicly use nothing but Macs. In one of the prieviews for the movie "40 days amd 40 nights" they show a mac with a nice Flat Screen, and proudly show off the Apple Logo. I the Drew Carey show they always have used Macs, Macintosh LC, Mimi's Grape iMac, and now the G4 Cube-With Flast Screen Display. Excuse me for some typing errors my keyboard keys are sticky, damn juice..... Any other tv shows, movies, tv commercials you can ad?

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Wipe the juice off.

I think this sort of thing was discussed before elsewhere here...but I was looking for a reason to show off my new status, so this will do.:p

There are several web sites out there that actually track where Macs are seen...be it movies, television, cartoons...why, just two weeks ago in the Sunday paper I noticed Dagwood (of all people!) had a G4 Tower on his desk!

I understand one called "mac sightings" or something like that is easily called up by doing a search for it.

Mac Sightings. Ha! Sounds like something that should be on Art Bell's web page.

Actually, THIS should be on Art Bell's web page:

http://www.webaccess.net/~mrpedri/images/mimi_imac.jpg

(now is that GOOD for Apple or BAD for Apple?!):eek:

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
on the topic of "Good for Apple or Bad for Apple?" there is the plethora of Apples in the Kevin Smith movie "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"... in one shot near the beginning, there are a pair of iMacs and a tower with CRT Studio Display all visible at once. Might even be more, but am certainly not going to watch it again to check.

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
the flower power idea is pretty nice. Or maybe someone could custome paint a snow one with pictures of all her little trolls on it:D ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :p :)

Ifeelbloated

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2002
some God forsaken place
I was watching 20/20 the other night and Diane Sawyer was doing a piece about her return visit to Afghanistan. She was checking up on some women she spoke to during the Taliban regime. She was showing them video of themselves during the first interview on you guessed it, a G4 Powerbook. Diane's a Mac woman. I know I've always liked her for a reason.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by voicegy
Oh, why Thank You krossfyter!:)

I'm kinda restricting myself a little bit more, and commenting only on things that I really, really have an interest in...and rumors are kinda slow these days, too!

I hear ya...im doing the same thing now. Trying to at least.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Well, this is kinda OT... All the "computer screens" used on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine (and I assume Voyager) were created w/Macs.

Back OT: Nothing like product placement.

Lethal

I saw some!

I saw a Lime Green iBook on VIP, and it was being displayed proudly. I guess Pamela is a Mac women. Also on CNN they were talking about big CEOs and when they showed the Chairman of AOL/TimeWarner he had a TIBOOK!! I guess I have to like AOL a little because of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.