Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Performfreak

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Cedar Falls/Des Moines, IA
I didn't see anything regarding this anywhere yet, so I figured I'd point it out...

"Buy a mac between May 6th and June 28th and get a Canon i450 Color Bubble Jet printer free".

You can find it at apple.com/store of course...

It seems to coincide with WWDC and the 970 rumors, so perhaps apple is tryin one last push for the current lineup of computers with this promotion till it brings out the big guns...
Just a thought

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Good find.

It does say "any Mac"...., not specifically a PowerMac. But maybe ALL Mac's will be updated whenever the Towers get a 970.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Likely so, but I figure that they won't completly phase out the g3 until September. I expect a 3 processor line up for a while. That way they can spread the updates out over time and keep Apple in the news. This promotion wouldn't get me to buy a Mac, but it might cause me to purchace one sooner, despite the possible update.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Originally posted by Eniregnat
Likely so, but I figure that they won't completly phase out the g3 until September. I expect a 3 processor line up for a while. That way they can spread the updates out over time and keep Apple in the news. This promotion wouldn't get me to buy a Mac, but it might cause me to purchace one sooner, despite the possible update.

You mean:
iBook: G3 (Sahara, I suppose... 200MHz fsb)
e/iMac: G4 (7455, 7457)
Alu/Ti Book: G4 (7455, 7457)
PowerMac: 970....

By the way, do you want to own a "tangerine" -coloured Mac? :)

Just curious... you know why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.