PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here familiar with the digigram VXpocket 440?

vollspacken
May 7, 2003, 05:38 PM
hi,

I think about buying a digigram VXpocket 440 to add two stereo outs to my tiBook.

does anyone here own this product and/or can tell me how it/the drivers work with OsX?

- I want to connect my ti to my 2-channel mixer and use traktor from native instruments.

- I think the digigram will be the best solution since I won't need an external power supply and still have two free usb-ports (one for my mouse and one for a midi interface...) means: I can just show up, plug it into any mixer and run the ti on battery power (hmm, I think I would have to buy a second battery then...)

here's a link to the company's website:

http://www.digigram.com/products/getinfo.htm?prod_key=11500

I know, the best place to ask this would be an audio forum, but I post it here first, since it's a mac related question;)

would be nice, if someone could help me with this

vSpacken

oh, here's a picture:

f-matic
May 7, 2003, 06:46 PM
about the vx pocket, i've heard mixed things about it - some people seem to love it, others say the latency is offputting (maybe not a problem if you're not dealing with live inputs).

you may also want to investigate the rme hammerfall. i'm not sure if it needs an external power supply or not, and it's expensive, but i've heard almost unanimous praise for it, and they have a lot of info on their website that you can take a look at. (http://rme-audio.com).

also you may want to investigate some other usb sound cards at www.audiomidi.com - i believe (don't quote me on this) that some usb soundcards also have an extra usb port for plugging in mice, etc. or invest in a cheap usb hub for $20. a lot of people disparage usb for audio work, but i use the emagic 2|6 and have found it to be a great little soundcard, runs 6 outputs at no extra cpu use. and cheap too!

hope this helps!

np

vollspacken
May 7, 2003, 08:29 PM
thanks for the quick answer...

I thought about getting the midiman quattro but that one needs an extra power supply and the reason I'm opting at the digigram is the fact that I won't need any extra cables and external stuff besides the breakout box and two stereo pairs running to the mixer...

one of the guys from Coldcut used the digigram on a PC notebook some time ago and wasn't sadesfied with it's performance and stability... (if I remember correctly - I forgot where I read that)...

latency is not a problem, since I will only use the playback function, not the audio-ins...

does anyone here actually use it?

vSpacken